Nintendo PR: “Super Indie Connection Sale” Launches Today in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Starting today, Wii U owners can take advantage of limited-time discounts on select indie games in the Nintendo eShop. Now through Feb. 13, fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.
The indie games that are participating in this exciting two-week Nintendo eShop sale include:
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing is a puzzle adventure with no tutorials, no hand-holding and no one telling players what to do. The fun is in exploring and overcoming the obstacles of the lush forest island.
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games is a game for two to eight people. Players sit in a circle around the Wii U GamePad, spin a virtual bottle and collaborate with friends to complete the most challenges.
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc. is a rhythm-music, auto-running platformer. Players run, jump, slide, kick and soar through fantastic environments with amazing soundtracks.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games is a fast-paced platformer that lets players morph at will between two dynamically different dream worlds. The game combines punchy graphics and tight controls with the challenge of retro platforming.
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward delivers players to a world in which Space Hooligans have escaped custody and are wreaking havoc all over Planet Land. Players must do what they can to bring these renegades to justice.
“Independent developers are responsible for some of the most creative and unique content in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s vice president of Licensing.
“We noticed there were a lot of high-quality games by independent game developers in the Nintendo eShop,” said Collin Van Ginkel, co-founder of Two Tribes Publishing. “This type of special promotion helps us introduce games of other developers to our fans who may not otherwise discover all the great games available on Wii U.”
For more information about the Super Indie Connection Sale, visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/
offers. Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.