Where to get your Qix this month.
Should we include an April Fools’ Day prnak here? Maybe announce a Metroid 4 release date? That’d be too obvious. Hey, how about a new Trauma Center game? Nah, too cruel.
While we debate this internally, here are upcoming releases that aren’t April Fools’ jokes. One of them has a demo available now, so take a look.
- Anuchard, the civilization restoration action RPG from developer stellarNull and publisher Freedom Games, rescues the spirits of Nintendo Switch on Thursday, April 21, 2022. Take up the mantle of a heroic legend known as the Bellwielder and embark on a mission equipped with the magical Audros Bell.
- Untold Tales and Piccolo Studio have announced that Arise: A Simple Story will be coming to Nintendo Switch with a slew of bonus features on April 28th, 2022. Arise: A Simple Story is a critically acclaimed 3D time manipulation narrative adventure. Embark on a journey about happiness and hardship, joy and sorrow. A story that all of us will one day experience—the loss of our closest loved ones and how we remember them.
- Skystone Games has announced the launch date of The Last Friend on Nintendo Switch: April 21, 2022. Ahead of the launch in April, a demo is now available! The Last Friend seamlessly blends the arcade action of games like Streets of Rage with the strategical tower defense of titles like Plants vs. Zombies, becoming a battle of man and canine standing stalwart against the end of the world. The Last Friend recruits a horde of super-powered dogs to help players drive back the violent mutants and gangs of the apocalypse in a fun, fast-paced hybrid of Brawler and Tower Defense.
- Zerouno Gameshas announced that their rock music inspired, rogue-like, 3D Shooter Metal Tales: Overkill will launch on April 22nd. Metal Tales: Overkill is an action-adventure game where metal and adrenaline collide as you fight through procedurally generated levels and battle against a terrible looming curse affecting your metal brothers. Do you have what it takes to free them from this ancient evil and secure your place as the ultimate Rock God?
- Mighty Goose—the over the top, run-and-gun, titled goose game developed by Blastmodeand published by PLAYISM—will hatch new DLC on April 19th. Unlocked after completing the main campaign, Mighty Goose and crew take on one last mission on the aquatic Planet Ceto, where the nefarious Evil Baron aspires to destroy all living things. Surf and turbo waddle across these watery levels to save friends, command a new underwater assault vehicle, and save the day once more.
- Announced during the 2021 AG French Direct, RUN: The World In-Between will finally find its way to your Nintendo Switch April 14th. Try to recover your lost memories in this die-and-retry runner. Supported by Encre Mecanique’s pixel art, this platformer will captivate you for hours while you enjoy its many game modes!
- Rogue Games has announced Super Mega Zero, a genre-splitting precision puzzle platformer with shoot ’em up elements. Miss Undefined has been whisked away by the dastardly villain Kill Screen, and it’s up to one Zero to upgrade to Hero and go where no video game character has before: to defeat the Kill Screen. Grab an upgrade and watch Zero switch forms to go from precision platforming to the more puzzle-like action, to Shoot’ em Up gameplay.
- ININ Games, together with TAITO, are excited to announce TAITO MILESTONES for Nintendo Switch is launching April 15th. Soon retro fans can dive into a nostalgic gaming experience to replay the classics that represent TAITO’s legacy. With this collection there will be something for every retro game enthusiast!
- PQube and developer Agate have announced that fantasy adventure Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 is coming to Switch in 2022. Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 is a Fantasy RPG School-Building Simulator which places you in charge of an academy tasked with creating the next generation of heroes who will protect Valthiria from the dark forces that threaten it. Construct the school your way with specialist buildings and courses, as you nurture a unique and ever-changing roster of students, forge alliances with kingdoms and fight the harrowing monsters that plague Valthiria’s open areas.
- Tiny Roar and publisher Assemble Entertainment have provided a first look at XEL, the picturesque action/sci-fi game coming this summer to Nintendo Switch. Fondly styled as a “love letter to classic Zeldatitles,” XEL’s latest trailer shows off the strikingly fluorescent landscapes and brain-bending puzzle levels awaiting players, as well as its core mechanic and most fascinating story element: time travel!