Because you can't spend your life looking forward to just Pokémon.
This week’s roundup of upcoming Nintendo Switch releases includes the inaccurately named Pro Gymnast Simulator, the ruggedly named Ruggnar, and the “brandedly” named Star Wars: Knights of the something or other. Those are all coming out this month. Read on for more good stuff coming to us beyond that.
- Curve Games and Denki have announced that the base-building, management, and automation sim, Autonauts, is coming to Nintendo Switch June 16th. Autonauts offer players of all ages a chance to explore a unique and colourful universe of coding and crafting. Build a mighty Bot workforce to automate everything in your settlement; teach them what to do, and expand their brains and operational potential with numerous upgrades and options. Create rudimentary crafting items and structures from blueprints, and build dozens of different Workerbots to make your new planet a fully functioning home.
- Circadian City—the 24/7 life sim about building relationships by day and developing personality in dreams by night will receive a Nintendo Switch launch in Q1 2023. Circadian City offers players a pleasant community buzzing with things to do. Make friends, work towards achieving career goals, or spend time relaxing at the local caffe while balancing character needs and overall happiness. Rest after a long day and explore the surreal Dreamworld each night, a strange realm with endless possibilities. Explore passions, uncover random encounters, and learn how events in the Dreamworld can shape reality the following morning.
- Frigato: Shadows of the Caribbean has been announced for Nintendo Switch. Fans of tactical challenges, pirate adventures, and legends can start getting ready for some sea mayhem. These attractions are being prepared by the creators of Frigato: Shadows of the Caribbean, a real-time tactical stealth game that will transport players to the times of the golden age of piracy. It’s expected to be released in 2023.
- The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have announced that Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet will launch November 18, 2022, with digital pre-orders now open on the Nintendo eShop. The first open-world RPGs in the Pokémon series, Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet offer Trainers the opportunity to explore the various locations of the region with up to four players while also enjoying staple activities, such as trading and battling. The games also introduce newly discovered Pokémon and a fresh cast of characters.
- Pro Gymnast Simulator reflects the real difficulty and complexity of the demanding sport of gymnastics. To become a perfect gymnast, exercise and don’t give up, because each success is preceded by failure. Pro Gymnast Simulator will be available on Nintendo Switch on June 10 via RedDeer.Games.
- SQUARE ENIX has announced that the fourth entry in the beloved SaGa series—Romancing SaGa, which originally released in Japan in 1992 and again as a remake in 2005 across North America and Japan—is coming to Europe for the first time this winter as Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered.
- SOEDESCO has announced that the point-and-click psychological horror detective game Saint Kotar will launch on October 14th for Nintendo Switch. In addition to its digital release, SOEDESCO will also release the physical version of the game worldwide. In Saint Kotar, players can switch between two characters—Benedek and Nikolay—and experience everything through their unique perspectives while searching for their missing relative in the occult-ridden town of Sveti Kotar.
- PID Games and Sword N’ Wands have announced that Ruggnar, their non violent platformer, will release June 23d on Switch. As the veins of his city are depleted and the valley is deserted of its inhabitants, rumors of taverns come to Ruggnar’s ears. Abandoned places contain incredible treasures that are just waiting to be picked up. Equipped with his bag and a few candles, he goes on an adventure to make his fortune.
- As part of Star Wars Celebration, Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games have announced that the timeless RPG epic STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords is coming to Nintendo Switch™ on June 8, 2022. Experience the standalone sequel to the original award-winning STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ with HD cinematics, textures, UI and resolution.
- THQ Nordic and Bugbear Studios have revealed brand-new gameplay for Wreckfest captured on the Nintendo Switch. Get ready for amazing looking vehicular destruction on your handheld console, exciting racing tracks, spectacular over-the-top crashes, and a considerable amount of vehicles to choose from. Remember: Drive Fast. Die Last! Wreckfest is coming to Nintendo Switch on June 21st, 2022.