Newly announced and newly schedule releases for Nintendo Switch.
Yes, we’re a couple days late with this week’s roundup of upcoming releases for the Nintendo Switch. But the good is this means you’ll have to wait two days less for them to come out! That’ll make it easier to count down the days until you can enjoy a meal at Happy’s Humble Burger Farm, go off into the wild blue yonder with Red Wings: American Aces, find out what a Wildcat Gun Machine, and more.
Oh, and remember when you asked why there’s never been a turn-based wrestling RPG? Well…
- Coromon, the modern monster taming game from developer TRAGsoft and publisher Freedom Games, is preparing trainers for its Thursday, March 31, 2022 launch on Nintendo Switch with an in-depth look at battle systems, boss fights, and other mechanics. Embark on an adventure alongside a squad from more than 120 different Coromon. Battle through a classic RPG campaign and stop a shady organization from devastating the world!
- Happy’s Humble Burger Farm, the horror adventure cooking sim developed by the Scythe Dev Team and published by tinyBuild, will open its restaurant doors on Nintendo Switch on Thursday, April 7, 2022. In the game, players must maintain sanity and stay professional as the new night shift manager for New Elysium City’s local burger joint. Grill burgers, fry up some nuggies, bake fresh, soft cookies… But beware of Happy the Humble Heifer waiting in the shadows to punish bad employees. Explore every corner of town for clues and face off horrid creatures to uncover the secrets behind the Obscura Biotech corporation and your own memory loss.
- Publisher Wired Productions and developer Luminawesome Games Ltd., have announced that vibrant puzzle platformer Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles will now launch on 21 April for Nintendo Switch. The additional development time allows for final polishing, ensuring the game is super squishy and extra bioluminescent at launch.
- Publisher All in! Games has announced that its arcade biplane shooter, Red Wings: American Aces—a spin-off of their previous in-house developed arcade shooter, Red Wings: Aces of the Sky—will be launching on Nintendo Switch on March 31st. Red Wings: American Aces puts players in the pilot’s seat of a nostalgic, action-packed arcade shooter illustrated in a vibrant comic-book style with a gaming mode for every occasion, also featuring online multiplayer. Budding air aces have 15 different planes to choose from, each with its own unique plane skin across 30 campaign missions available in local co-op for 1-2 players.
- Developer Wide Right Interactive, creators of the popular party game What the Dub?!, and RiffTrax, the critically acclaimed team behind the Emmy nominated and Peabody Award winning Mystery Science Theater 3000, announced that they have teamed up to create the definitive movie heckling party title, RiffTrax: The Game! With over 250 movies clips, new game modes, Twitch integration, and expanded ways to connect players, fans of witty one-liners and low-budgets movies can look forward riffing off with friends and family when the games releases on multiple platforms—including Nintendo Switch—on May 5th!
- Spanish indie publisher BlitWorks has announced that the arcade racer Slipstream will launch on April 7th. The game has been in the making for 4 years by Brazilian solo developer Sandro Luiz de Paula (ansdor), who built his own custom game engine that recreates the sprite scaling graphic techniques used on ’80s and ’90s racing games to bring the real, authentic retro experience to modern hardware.
- Top Hat Studios has announced that the retro futuristic visual novel Vengeful Heart is coming to Nintendo Switch in late March. In Vengeful Heart you take the role of Josephine Lace, a young hydraulic engineer living in a world where water has become as scarce as liquid gold, and the poor masses are forced to cope with a permanent shortage. Josephine is eager to climb the corporate ladder to improve her living conditions, but a bad twist of fate slams her against the cold, muddy basement of the homeless life. Soon, she becomes hellbent on taking down the system that ruined her and starts looking for more broken hearts to achieve her promised revenge. Will this crazy plan help Josephine get the redemption she longs for?
- Warframe developer Digital Extremes offered a sneak peek at its latest expansion, Angels of the Zariman, taking players on a trip to the fabled Zariman Ten Zero to show off exciting new content coming to the action game this spring. A new trailer unveiled during Devstream 160 highlights some of the new features, and offers players a first glimpse at Warframe’s 49th playable Warframe – Gyre.
- Daedalic Entertainment and Chunkybox Games have announced the release date for a master class in cartoon violence; Wildcat Gun Machine drops on Nintendo Switch on May 4th. In this bullet hell dungeon crawler, the trigger happy protagonist is not kittin’ around—players face hordes of very non-cute flesh amalgamations with a whole arsenal of glorious gun-goodness.
- Strictly Limited Games has announced the pre-order start of the Wonder Boy Returns Remix Limited and the Collector’s Edition (Nintendo Switch) for March 20th. The game—together with some special physical collectibles—will be available at the Strictly Limited Games Store.
- NACON and KT Racing Studio have announced that WRC 10—the official video game of the FIA World Rally Championship—is now available on Nintendo Switch in Europe and on March 29 in North America. The anniversary edition of WRC celebrating 50 years of the competition is still packed with new features and thrills.
- Mega Cat Studios and Skybound Games have revealed a summer 2022 release for WrestleQuest, a new RPG adventure featuring a licensed roster of iconic wrestling legends. In WrestleQuest, players assume the role of a young wrestling hopeful on his quest to become one of the all-time greats while he powerbombs, slams, and suplexes his way to the top. Inspired by icons like the legendary “Macho Man” Randy Savage, our hero must immerse himself in the world of professional wrestling, which will not only test his athleticism but his will and conscience too.