Current Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima just published his plans for 2016 in a newspaper called Mainichi Shimbun. Mr. Kimishima was previously president of Nintendo of America for 4 years succeeding Minoru Arakawa , after the 4 year period, Reggie Fils-Aime took over and is still president.
These are Mr. Kimishima and Nintendo plans for 2016:
- Nintendo wants to surprise fans with new ideas. Not just build on old ones.
- Nintendo will talk release details for the NX.
- The NX uses new ideas.
- More character licensing for smartphones, theme parks, movies, and TV animes – Experimenting with these new business models is vital for Nintendo
- Smartphone apps with famous Nintendo characters coming this year.
- Plans to bring profits to 100 billion yen($855 million) in several years.
What do you think about Nintendo’s 2016 plans and Tatsumi Kimishima’s pedigree? Tell us in the comments bellow.