Over the night Nintendo released the company’s financial report for Q3, which covers the 9-months leading to Dec 31st, 2015. Below is a quick rundown of some of the top information.
If you’re like me and find some interest in those things called “numbers” then you can checkout the full numeric rundown HERE.
For those not interested in pure numbers. Below is some of the information you may need to know.
- Total traditional amiibo sales reached 20.50 million – while card style amiibo sold 21.50 million.
- Nintendo is wanting to continue expanding the amiibo line.
- Nintendo will try to offer new gaming experiences to keep the amiibo sales rolling.
- Splatoon and Super Mario Maker rejuvenated the Wii U.
- Total Nintendo 3DS and Wii U download sales totaled 30.5 Billion yet. ($290 Million)
- Net Sales went down by 3.9% but 72.6% of total sales came from overseas. (Outside of Japan)
- No change to Nintendo’s financial forecast for the rest of the year.
Updated release schedule for Nintendo
Nintendo Sales Numbers
Wii U Millions Sellers
Mario Kart 8 – 7.24 million
New Super Mario Bros. U – 5.08 million
Nintendo Land – 5.02 million
Super Mario 3D World – 4.63 million
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 4.61 million
Splatoon – 4.06 million
Super Mario Maker – 3.34 million .
New Super Luigi U – 2.42 million pcs.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – 1.69 million
Mario Party 10 – 1.65 million
Yoshi’s Woolly World: 1.31 million
3DS Million Sellers
Pokémon X/Pokémon Y – 14.46 million .
Mario Kart 7 – 13.03 million .
Pokémon Omega Ruby/Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 11.46 million
SUPER MARIO 3D LAND – 10.63 million .
New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 10.04 million .
Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 9.86 million
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 7.92 million
Tomodachi Life – 4.89 million .
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 4.75 million
nintendogs+cats – 3.96 million
Animal Crossing HHD – 2.93 million .
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes 1.08 million
Note: Tomorrow\Tonight the President of Nintendo, Tatsumi Kimishima, will face investors as he talks Nintendo and its future. There is a chance we could hear some NX news from that event.