Nintendo is taking their brand new Switch console on tour across the US this summer, and the humble 3DS is coming along for the ride.
The Summer of Play tour will feature a myriad of games to play, set in a veritable Nintendo playground of fun activities to enjoy. On top of all the fun and games, My Nintendo members who check in with their My Nintendo QR Code will also be able to receive a free gift item.
The tour will kick off in California on June 11, and runs until September 4, traversing the country through various cities. Here’s the tour schedule:
- June 9-11 – Irvine, California – Irvine Spectrum Center
- June 16-18 – Pleasanton, California – Alameda County Fair
- June 23-25 – Bloomington, Minnesota – Mall of America
- June 30-July 2 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Henry Maier Festival Park (Summerfest Grounds)
- July 7-9 – Chicago – Navy Pier
- July 14-16 – Glendale, Arizona – Arrowhead Towne Center
- July 20-23 – San Diego – Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina (San Diego Comic-Con)
- July 28-30 – Arlington, Texas – The Parks Mall at Arlington
- Aug. 4-6 – Miami, Florida – Aventura Mall
- Aug. 11-13 – Bethlehem, Pennsylvania – Musikfest
- Aug. 18-20 – New York – DUMBO Waterfront
- Aug. 25-27 – King of Prussia, Pennsylvania – King of Prussia Mall
- Sept. 2-4 – Baltimore – Harborplace
The games on offer include a mix of current and upcoming titles, and is a great chance to try out some of the new games heading to the Switch and 3DS this year. You can also get hands-on time with the new 2DS XL while you’re there.
Nintendo Switch games scheduled to appear on the tour include:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together!
- Splatoon 2
- Super Bomberman R
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
Nintendo 3DS games scheduled to appear on the tour include:
- Pokémon Sun
- Pokémon Moon
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
- Hey! PIKMIN
Will you be joining Nintendo’s Summer of Play tour? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.