Play Import GC games on Wii
Cubed3 is reporting on a method that allows import Gamecube games to be played on the Wii without a modchip. I don’t know how one would figure this out, but here are the steps to load an NTSC disc on a PAL Wii system (these are the steps for PAL systems, not for the American Wii systems):
- Shove in a PAL GameCube disk
- Enter the Disk Channel section
- Point your Wii Remote at the start button but DON’T start the game just yet.
- Press the eject button on the Wii then, after a second or so, click on the on-screen start button on the Wii.
- The speedy bit: the moment your Wii chucks out the PAL disk, quickly whip it out and shove in the NTSC disk (you have to be VERY quick).
- The game should boot up as normal.
The technique takes a little while from what C3 say, but they say it works just fine. For everyone with a PAL Wii—check it out and see if it works. Let us know in the comments.
February 28, 2007
[…] Original post by niwifi > nintendo wifi utopia […]