We’re back with another Pure Nintendo playlist! This week is all about The Legend of Zelda, since Tears of the Kingdom is finally out in the wild. We talked about our final theories in last week’s podcast, but now it’s time to see what’s happening in Hyrule for ourselves. We’re enjoying the freedom of exploration an creativity this new entry is allowing us.
Check out our playlist below. Which games are on your own playlist right now? Are you engrossed in The Legend of Zelda as well? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): I got my copy late Friday night and I’m really savoring the game. I am exploring the great Sky Island as much as possible and familiarizing myself with all the new abilities. I’m blown away by how much fun I’m having and all the improvements made from BOTW. Can’t wait to play this for the next few years haha.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): still early on but it’s great to be playing a new Zelda game! The new abilities are a lot of fun with a crazy amount of creativity allowed. Excited to dig into it more this week!
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): Is it possible to spend all weekend playing Tears of the Kingdom and have yet to leave the Sky Island? Well, that’s what I’ve managed to do. Those islands are packed full of secrets and surprises and it only makes me more excited to keep playing so I can see Hyrule below. My creations using Ultrahand? Genuinely making me concerned about my own sanity!
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): I started the game the day after its release and have already sunk quite a few hours into it. It’s refreshing to revisit Hyrule (despite the world burning) and I’m enjoying the many new mechanics and overall exploration.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): My son and I have been taking turns adventuring with Link on the Switch, albeit on completely different paths—I’m following the story as much a possible, while he’s seeking shrines to jack up his stamina and hearts. Both strategies seem to be working, as we’re each having a blast.
- Afterimage (Switch): I mean, what am I supposed to do when it’s Sam’s turn with Tears of the Kingdom? Watch? Nope. I use with the Switch Lite to go on a completely different type of adventure—a hand-drawn metroidvania from Modus Games. Afterimage has its charms, but some problems, too. Review to come soon.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): Like everyone in else on the team (and across the world), I’ve been dedicating as much time as possible to the latest adventure in Hyrule. And Like Jes, I spent the entire weekend in the sky. I finally decided it was time to see what was going on down below; it’s not good. Well, it’s good fun playing it, but yikes Hyrule, what happened to you? Things have gotten nasty!
- Gematombe (Switch): Whilst 99% of my time is occupied with Zelda right now, games still need reviewing, and this puzzle title is on my current list. Featuring a Greek-mythology twist, it follows Pandora as she attempts to rid the world of evil by destroying gems on a playing field. Watch for my upcoming review!
Enjoying our playlist? Check out our Pure Nintendo magazine for even more great news, reviews, and specialist articles!