We didn’t bring together a playlist in time last week, so this is an extra long one to make up for it! The Pure Nintendo team has been super-busy immersing ourselves in everything Nintendo, and here are the games that we’ve been tinkering with for the past two weeks to keep us sane.
We’d love to know what’s been on your playlist recently, so let us know in the comments section below.
- Puzzle and Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons Mario Bros. Edition (3DS): This game is very much a two-sided affair. Puzzle and Dragons Z’s gameplay I find a lot more compelling and interesting than the Mario Bros. side. I think it’s because the Z side has more in common with Pokemon and the Mario motif just doesn’t seem to work really well with the Puzzle and Dragons gameplay.
- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U): Katelyn and I have been trying to collect all of the trophies in the game still and it’s been a lot of fun. Almost there!
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- Had some family over during the past holiday weekend. My nephews love Mario and Mario Kart 8.
- Splatoon (Wii U): Played around all week with a review copy of the game. Everyone will be satisfied with the results.
- Splatoon: And that’s why you haven’t heard from me for the last few weeks.
- Xenosaga Episode 1: I wanted to catch up on Monolith Soft’s Library. So many cutscenes.
- Mega Man X2: When you need to pass time while rendering, just give MMX2 a call.
- Stone Shire (Wii U eShop) I posted a review on this earlier in the week. It has numerous issues that will hopefully improve with an update.
- Mighty Switch Force (3DS eShop): One of the Humble Nindie Bundle games I hadn’t played yet. Just started, but it has the quality I’ve come to expect from WayForward.
- Kirby’s Dream Land I & 2 (3DS Virtual Console) – Recently played through both of these great little Game Boy games again. Expect a couple retro reviews shortly.
- Donkey Kong Country (Wii U Virtual Console) – I’ve been in a DK mood recently, and this SNES classic was as good a place to start as any. While this game is revealing its age, the David Wise soundtrack is absolutely timeless! The VC restore points also come in handy for those stretches where Rare went a bit overboard with the barrels.
- Earthbound: I’ve finally gotten some downtime this week and was able to play a bit of Earthbound. I just unlocked the last “My Sanctuary” location and am now wondering through my own mind. It’s pretty crazy but I think that’s why this game is so popular in the first place. Hopefully there’s still a bit more storyline because I’m not ready to be done with this game!
- Starfox Adventures: It’s a bit of an oddball in my opinion but it’s not bad gameplay wise. I decided to pop it into the ole GameCube the other day and have a go. Surprisingly enough I realized I had never made it very far in this game at all. So now I’m determined to play a bit here and there to see what happens next.
- Chrono Trigger (3DS): This is not only one of my top RPG’s of all time, but it’s probably one of the few Turn Bases RPG’s that I can play for hours on end without getting bored. An evolving story with great characters, combat and amazing soundtrack, this is a game that everyone should experience.
- Earthbound (Wii U): I’ve finally been inspired by Kaelyn’s ongoing adventures and have begun one of my own. I spent a very short time with the game this week, just getting to know it and watch the interesting story begin to unfold. Can’t wait to more exploring!
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): Not a week goes by that I’m not investing some time into this game. I love that it is receiving plenty of love in the form of DLC. Can’t wait for more :)
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS): The saga continues but I’ve only progressed a little further, now up to level 150. And it’s hard. I’ve gone back and caught a few missing ones, and am loving the Pokémon of the day levels for an extra challenge.