With another week crossed off the calendar, the Pure Nintendo team has been as busy as ever keeping up with the world of Nintendo. As avid Nintendo fans, we squeeze in as many gaming hours as possible, so check out our favorites from this week below. We’d love to know what’s on your playlist too, so share all your latest gaming delights in the comments section below.
- Pokemon: Red Version (GBA): This week the only game I’ve really played is Pokemon: Red Version, on my GBA SP. I needed a good portable game to play and this seemed like an awesome choice. So far I’ve acquired 3 gym badges and I just made it to Lavender town. This is my team and what level they’re at so far:
Raticate 24, Fearow 24, Mankey 23, Pikachu 24, Charmeleon 23, Nidorino 23. I’ll update you on my mission to “become the very best, like no one ever was”, and after this it’s onto Gold version! Can’t wait!
- Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA/Wii U Virtual Console): As I mentioned last week, I have a deep hatred of vampires, and in the spirit of October, I have finally taken it upon myself to destroy Dracula once and for all by giving the Castlevania series a chance. I’m about 3/4 of the way through the game, and to my horror the game has started to hint that my character may indeed be Dracula. Have I become the very thing I despise in my attempts to purge the vampire menace? Only time will tell. For now, I must continue my journey into the heart of Dracula’s castle.
- Pokemon Shuffle (Mobile): As I eagerly await the release of Pokemon Go, I have been curbing my Pokemon obsession with Pokemon Shuffle. One of the contests recently ended, and I was able to place high enough on the scoreboards to receive the Charizard Y megastone. I’ve also started to capture the Pokemon in the 10 expert stages i’ve unlocked so far. I’ve caught ’em all except for Moltres, and I have a feeling that one is gonna take awhile. Sigh….
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U): I was a little time poor this week, but I’m currently working on a castle level, mainly featuring Bob-ombs and Thwomps. There is just so much to do in this game, and planning a level is fun but I find I have to reign in my creativity a little so as not to put EVERYTHING in one level. It really helps you appreciate the thought that must go into each Super Mario platformer that’s been designed over the years!
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS): A slow week this week with very little progress sadly, though I’m up to stage 203 now. I’m still having some fun with the Special Stages though.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.
October 12, 2015
[…] out the full list below and let us know which games will be joining your weekly playlist this […]
October 12, 2015
I have been playing Super Mario 3 Super mario World and new Super Super Maroi wii U (looking for some inspiration) I have also been playing Super Mario Maker, Pokemon Shuffle level 220.