Happy Friday! As another week draws to a close, the Pure Nintendo team reflect on the games that ate our time over the last seven days. We’ve played old and new this week, and everything in between. Sometimes it just seems there’s not enough time in the day!
Here’s what we’ve been preoccupied with this week:
- PENTAPUZZLE (Wii U) – the newest eShop release from RCMADIAX, I’m playing this for a review
- Fossil Fighters: Frontier (3DS) – I posted my review earlier this week but I’m still playing the game, now in completionist fashion.
- Skylanders (various) My wife and I picked up several older characters on discount recently, so we’ve been going back through the titles we have to level them all up.
- Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U) – Not a lot of gaming time this week. The only game for me is Trine, the remastered version of the original classic game.
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS) – playing this one for an upcoming review. It’s your standard, random generated dungeon crawler. Good fun so far.
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (GC) – one of my favorite things to do is discover hidden gems on my consoles that I may have missed during their life cycle. This game is like a mix between Zelda’s exploration, and Prince of Persia’s environmental puzzles. It’s an intriguing GameCube I’d recommend looking into.
- Link’s Awakening – one of my top 5 Zelda games of all time
- Ace Attorney: Justice for All (3DS) – a great way to pass the time while waiting for videos to render
Xenoblade Chronicles – as it turns out, not all Nopon are law-abiding.
A lot of multiplayer action this week whilst staying with relatives:
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – This is my go-to game for local multiplayer – mostly because it’s the one I’m best at, but also because it’s extremely fun.
- Mario Party 10 (Wii U) – I was reluctant after Justin’s review, and I definitely prefer Mario Party 8’s style of board, but this is still fun. Bowser Mode is great – especially if you’re Bowser!
- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) – I did not win one game this week – I came second once but my teenage niece is just way too good. Sigh. Can we play Mario Kart 8 again please?
- Nintendo Land (Wii U) – my other (younger) niece has only just discovered this game, and her enthusiasm is infectious! We were particularly fond of playing the Pikmin levels together.