Happy Friday! With the weekend fast approaching, it’s time to look at what’s on our radar at the moment and prepare for the weekend. The Pure Nintendo team has been super busy, with everything from classics to the latest games, and we’ve collated our favorites from this week.
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our playlist below – and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- Freeze Me (Wii U): I’ve been playing this for an upcoming review. It’s pretty fun in a nostalgic kind of way. It has its kinks and what not, but If you were a fan of Super Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie you’ll definitely want to check it out.
- Splatoon (Wii U): Me and Patty were playing this for the splatfest last weekend. Sadly blue team won (boo!). It’s been fun checking out all of the new levels and gear though.
- Pokemon Picross (3DS): yep, still playing this. Mostly at night to unwind. It’s a fun quick game that I can pick up and put down anytime. I’ve finally, almost saved up enough picrites to unlock area 20!
- Splatoon (Wii U): Played the Rainmaker mode for the first time with Matt and it was a lot of fun. Also checked out the Tower Control mode and some of the new levels which are fantastic! They’ve finally incorporated some new elements like the fans from the single-player campaign.
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): Played this with the crew for the Pure Nintendo Game Night and had a blast. The P-wing car is my favorite (naturally)!
Assassins Creed III (Wii U): I have continued to dredge through this game. I can’t figure out if I dislike or enjoy this game.
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): My son finally had his first “real” gaming experience playing co-op Mario Kart 8. It was an achievement for him to just move three inches on the track. But he also figured out how to press the home button; over and over, and over again.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U): I’m a couple hours into this game and looking forward to many more hours.
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U): I’ve been playing some smash bros for Wii U with friends over the last week and we’ve had a lot of fun. Smash bros is a good party game where if you want you can talk while playing or you can really get into the game and phase everything out. Smash is always good for a fun time
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS): I’m continuing my quest since there’s no Fire Emblem: Fates in Australia yet. Despite no firm release date, I have pre-ordered Fates in anticipation! So my goal I guess is try to get through Awakenings before Fates is released ;)
- Oddworld (Wii U): I’ve been playing this revamped puzzle platformer game for an upcoming review. Since I hadn’t played the original, I’m seeing this with fresh eyes, and quite enjoying it.