As another week draws to a close the Pure Nintendo team reflect over the games that got us through the last seven days.
Here’s what the Pure Nintendo team have been preoccupied with lately. As always, we want to know what’s on your playlist this week, so let us know in the comments section below.
- Donkey Kong Land (3DS): I downloaded this on a whim for some nostalgia. I have sort of a love/hate view of it, but I must say it’s vastly more playable on the 3DS than it was on the GB – no more screen blur for one!
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): Only played MK8 a bit this week (with friends) but I suspect it will be a recurring entry in my weekly play list for some time.
Super Mario 64 (Wii U): Watching some of our Purely Playthroughs convinced me to spend $2 and transfer this classic so I can finally play it on the GamePad.
- Donkey Kong 64 (Wii U): Playing this for the first time on the Wii U virtual console, and I’m really enjoying it. I just made it to gloomy galleon. So….many…..collectibles!
- Puzzle & Dragons (3DS): I downloaded the demo for this upcoming puzzler, which is similar to Pokémon Shuffle, though it features more complex RPG elements. It’s fun and I can’t wait to get the full version – here are my impressions of the demo.
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): This week I really got into the 200cc side of the game and WOW. It is so FAST! But surprisingly fun, and I love that it adds a whole new dimension to the game with braking, very satisfying to win at top speed, and I absolutely love the distance you can get from jumps now!
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS): It has been a tough week catching ‘mon via this puzzler, with a lot slipping past me after passing the level. I’m at level 145 though, which doesn’t sound overly impressive to me but I’d be interested to know what everyone else is up to!