Largest update to Pokémon GO since launch
The world of Pokémon GO is about to expand, with 80 new Pokémon joining the mobile game later this week, including the likes of Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile.
In addition to bringing new monsters to catch, the update also includes a long list of improvements and features, including new types of berries, an updated wardrobe for your trainer and new evolutions. Here’s a summary of what to expect:
- Additional Pokémon: over 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations.
- New Evolutions: more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon with some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region soon to be able to evolve into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region. There are also new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.
- New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. There wil lalso be new item carousels to allow selection of Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen.
- New Berries: Two new Berries, Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries. Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.
- New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: You’ll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade by customizing your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.
There’s also a trailer to coincide with the expansion, which shows off some of the new monsters. This timely release might lure players back to the game after a slow period since the holiday season specials.
Check out the trailer below and let us know if you’re excited to finally have more Pokémon to catch on your mobile.
Source: Pokémon GO Live