Niantic Labs has announced a new event for their mobile game, Pokémon GO. Adventure Week celebrates the journeys we’ve taken on our mobiles, and those yet to come, all in the name of pocketing monsters.
According to Niantic, those of us who spent any time walking with our mobile devices in lieu of a real Poké Ball have collectively journeyed beyond our own solar system since the game launched last July.
Back in December, we collectively walked past the equivalent distance of Earth to Pluto and now, we’re on a journey past the edge of the solar system! As of May 11, the Pokémon GO community has traveled more than 15.8 billion kilometers, and more adventures still await…
Running from May 18 to May 25, Adventure Week honors our Pokémon GO memories of the last ten months by adding several bonuses and making certain Pokémon more prevalent. Here’s the rundown of Adventure Week’s offerings:
- More items will be awarded from every PokéStop you visit.
- Poké Balls will be 50% off in the in-game shop.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will find Candies four times faster than usual.
- Watch for Rock-type Pokémon such as Omanyte, Kabuto, and their Evolutions. You might even spot Aerodactyl
- An all-new avatar item will be added to your wardrobe with the Explorer’s Hat.
Which pocket monster are you hoping to catch during Adventure Week? Let us know your Pokémon GO status in the comments section.
Source: Niantic Labs