Pokemon tournament coming to Anime Los Angeles
Pokemon tournament – Friday, January 2nd from 2pm to 6pm
* Entrants must have their own Nintendo DS and Pokémon Diamond or Pearl game to compete.
* There will be four divisions: Level 50, Level 100, Open Level, and Auto Level 50. The Auto Level 50 division will be played over Pokémon Battle Revolution on the Wii. All other divisions will be played over Nintendo DS.
* The winners of each of the four divisions will compete each other in Auto Level 50 format over Pokémon Battle Revolution on the Wii.
* The bracket will be single elimination format.
* Matches will be 6 on 6 single battle format.
* Sleep clause will be in effect. No more than one Pokémon may be put to sleep at the same time.
* The following items are banned: Brightpowder, Quick Claw, Focus Band, King’s Rock.
* Players may have multiple Pokémon holding the same item.
* Self-destruction moves or destiny bond may not be used as the final attack of a match to cause a draw. The user of the move will be declared the loser of the match.
* Players may not change your team (Pokémon or items) between tournament rounds.
* Players may change their team going into the Quarterfinals.
* Players may change their team going into the Finals.
* Unfairly hacked Pokémon are prohibited.
The following Pokémon are banned:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Wobbuffet, Latios/Latias, Deoxys (Attack, Defense, Normal forms), Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Manaphy.
Players may only use one of the following Pokémon in their team:
Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Celebi, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Jirachi, Uxie, Mesprit, Garchomp, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran.
You can find more info and register for the event online at the ALA homepage.