PR: Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse – In this colorful new adventure, guide Kirby through a vibrant world made of clay by drawing Rainbow Ropes on the Wii U GamePad controller. You can even mold your clay Kirby into a Tank, Submarine or Rocket to wreak havoc. Up to three friends can join in and play as Waddle Dee characters to explore levels with you. Kirby and the Rainbow Cursewill be available Feb. 20. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Pokémon Shuffle – Pokémon Shuffle is a free-to-play strategy-based puzzle game featuring a wide variety of Pokémon. Your goal is to clear various stages by matching three or more Pokémon in a row within the number of moves allowed. Know the type of Pokémon and choose them wisely to cause more damage against the opponent Pokémon. You will also be able to raise the level of your Pokémon by using them multiple times. There are 150+ stages awaiting and you will want to collect many different Pokémon – including some Mega-Evolved Pokémon – in order to help you battle efficiently. Challenges await you whether you play at home or on the go. Optional in-game items available for purchase.
- THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL – New DLC– New add-on tracks are now available for North American fans of THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL. The update includes music from a variety of Square Enix games, including tracks from CHRONO TRIGGER and NIER. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- Citizens of Earth – Demo Available – Try your hand at being Vice President of the World in the free Citizens of Earth demo, available now in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Recruit friends, family and everyone else around town to join your party and fight your battles! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- AXELAY – The alien Armada of Annihilation is taking over planets, and you are the last line of defense. Guide the Axelay prototype through six levels of nonstop galactic action. Use your vast array of weaponry and dodge enemy attacks at every turn.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Ice Cream Surfer is 70 percent off (reduced from $5 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 5.
- 99Moves, Abyss and more titles from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 12.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 26.
- Chat-A-Lot is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to 3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 5.
- TOYS VS MONSTERS is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 12.
- 2 Fast 4 Gnomz is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 12.
- Pokémon Art Academy Competition – Put your Pokémon creativity on display in an online competition featuring art made in Pokémon Art Academy! Create your masterpiece using the Pokémon Art Academy game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, and then post your work to the Pokémon Art AcademyMiiverse community. The winning artists will receive a 100-card pack of custom-designed Pokémon Trading Card Game cards displaying their artwork.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must (i) be a legal resident of the 50 United States, D.C., Canada or Mexico, (ii) have access to thePokémon Art Academy game and a compatible device in the Nintendo 3DS family, and (iii) have an active Nintendo Network ID linked to a confirmed email address. Void where prohibited. Contest ends 3/29/15 at 11:59pm PT. Six prizes available to be won, each consisting of 100 Pokémon Trading Cards bearing the drawing of the winner (ARV US $40 each). Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Eligible entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges to determine the winners, using judging criteria set out in the Official Rules, available at http://www.pokemon.com/us/
pokemon-video-games/pokemon- art-academy/competition/rules/ . Contest co-sponsored by The Pokémon Company International, Inc. and Nintendo of America Inc.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- NES: Ice Climbers
Also new this week:
- Adventure Bar Story (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Excave (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Flap Flap (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Fishdom (DSiWare on Nintendo DSi; Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- 4Elements (DSiWare on Nintendo DSi; Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu orhttp://www.nintendo.com/3ds.