REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes – Grab two friends and prepare for a bold new adventure in The Legend of Zelda series. Each of you will play as Link, working together to conquer inventive dungeons and bosses. For the first time, stack three Links into a totem to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. Don’t forget to pick an outfit to wear – each one offers a different boost or ability!
- YO-KAI WATCH – Demo Version – Try out the Japanese sensation before it hits U.S. shores on Nov. 6! Hundreds of sometimes spooky, sometimes cute and usually mischievous Yo-kai secretly inhabit our world. Discover these secret tricksters to battle and befriend them. Turn them into a team on your Yo-kai Watch and take down troublemaking Yo-kai to help people in need.
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden – Z-Warriors, prepare for an extreme battle! Featuring more than 100 characters from the Dragon Ball Z universe, feel the destructive power of bone-crushing blows as you execute and chain together multi-hit combos. Command character-specific move sets and unleash epic Super Moves to deal devastating damage! Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Gunslugs 2 – If you like over-the-top action, chaos, explosions and weirdness, then you’ll love the Gunslugs 2 game. The game is a combination of fast run-and-gun game play mixed with elements of all our favorite movies and pop art from the ’80s and ’90s. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water – Investigate a series of suspicious disappearances while surviving the haunted woods atop the mysterious Mt. Hikami. The Wii U GamePad controller is now your Camera Obscura, which is used to defend against lethal ghosts. Download this free-to-start game and play most of the prologue and first two terrifying chapters for free. To continue playing, purchase the full game upgrade in the Nintendo eShop. Find it under downloadable content. Click here to watch the extremely spoopy trailer for the game.
- Just Dance 2016 – The newest game in the popular franchise features two ways to play. Use your Wii Remote controller or download the Just Dance Controller app on your smartphone to bust a move to “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars, feel the beat in “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor and many more top hits. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts – A remake of the third game in the legendary Ghosts ’n Goblins series, the Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts game for the Super NES features an additional game mode with new stages. Players take control of Arthur and defeat the creatures of the night to save the day once more.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Costume Quest 2 is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $4.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 2.
- Bombing Bastards and Spot the Differences: Party! from Sanuk are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Funky Physics is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 12.
- The Quiet Collection is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) starting at 9 a.m. on Oct. 24 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 7.
- 99Moves, 99Seconds and more games from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 19.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers from ATLUS are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 9.
- Talking Phrasebook – 7 Languages is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay, Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest and more games from Gamemill Entertainment are on sale starting at 9 a.m. on Oct. 24 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
- Quell Memento, Demon King Box and other select games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 12.
- Miiverse Monster-a-thon – Celebrate Halloween early in the Miiverse Monster-a-thon community! From Oct. 23 to Nov. 1, take part in all kinds of spooky special events, including fun polls and challenges. Don’t miss out on game events featuring the Super Mario Maker, Mario Party 10and Yoshi’s Woolly World games for the Wii U system, as well as the The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer games for the Nintendo 3DS system. Happy gaming!
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Election Day” Tournament – See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world. The new “Election Day” tournament runs Oct. 27 through Nov. 3. Opt in via the SpotPass feature on your Nintendo 3DS system for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Master System Theme
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes: Brave Trio – Available Oct. 23
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes: Totem Time – Available Oct. 23
Also new this week:
- Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Fairune – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Stella Glow – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Wizdom (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Ascent of Kings (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Color Bombs (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Cutie Pets Pick Berries (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Just Dance: Disney Party 2 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Slender: The Arrival (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu orhttp://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
October 22, 2015
Wow a lot of new eshop tiles this week. At least quantity isn’t an issue if you like small quick games.