REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U on Nintendo 3DS
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars – Get that “aha!” feeling over and over as you guide Minis – toy versions of Nintendo characters – to the exit in each puzzling stage. Tap objects like bridges and springs with the stylus to perfect your strategy. You can even create stages and share them online, and use the new tipping system to reward your favorite creators and unlock more content. Additionally, those who purchase the Wii U version of the game will receive a download code for the Nintendo 3DS version of the game at no additional cost, and vice versa. More information on this special offer can be found at http://mariovsdk.nintendo.com/
buy. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- OlliOlli – The fun game play of OlliOlli hits the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems, bringing more than 120 tricks and grinds across 50 deviously crafted levels and 250 challenges. Complete all challenges to unlock the super skillful RAD Mode and rack up the biggest combos along the way to rule the leaderboards. If you purchase either the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS version of the game, you get the other version for free! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Proun+ – Proun+ is a journey through modern art. Guide a ball racing along a pipe while dodging obstacles. Five different speeds from Relaxed to Speed of Light mean this game is suitable for both casual and hard-core gamers. The jazz-rock music will push you to the limits. Download Proun+ in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at the introductory price of $5.99. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Azure Striker GUNVOLT – Update – Play the demo or an updated full-game version of this 2D side-scrolling action game on Nintendo 3DS. The hero’s agility and control over lightning creates a fresh approach to the genre that gives the player a unique feeling of speed and power. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- SkyKid – Guide friends and rivals to a battle in the skies in one- or two-player mode. Pilot planes up and down against an arsenal of ground and air forces. Keep a steady hand and your eye on the target!
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Tengami is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 12.
- Master Reboot is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 1.
- Darts Up, Rock Zombie and Spy Chameleon from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- PING 1.5+ is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- The Letter and Maze from Treefall Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 13.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Space Lift Danger Panic! is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 20.
- Wakedas, Witch & Hero and World Conqueror 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
- Darts Up 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- AeternoBlade is 66 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $4.99) from March 6 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 27.
Special Mii Distribution:
- Stop by select Best Buy stores from 1 to 4 p.m. (local time) on March 7 to try out the New Nintendo 3DS XL system with amiibo figures in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. You can also play the Nintendo 3DS games everyone is talking about: The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Bring your Nintendo 3DS system with you for the chance to get a special Mii character of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3Dproducer, Eiji Aonuma, and collect Mii characters to fill puzzle panels in Puzzle Swap and help out in StreetPass Mii Plaza games. Click here to learn more and find the location nearest you.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Kirby: Craft-Paper Party
- Kirby: Sweet Gourmet Race
- Kirby: Stripes and a Smile
- Azure Stiker Gunvolt: Sumeragi 7
Also new this week:
- Best of Casual Games (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hollywood Fame: Hidden Object Adventure (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Zombie Incident (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.