REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D – Take up arms against an invading army in this remake of the acclaimed Wii RPG, playable only on the New Nintendo 3DS XL system. Explore landscapes and beat down foes in battles that blend real-time action with RPG strategy. Exclusive features make Xenoblade Chronicles 3D the best way to learn the truth behind the mythical sword, the Monado. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will be available on April 10. Additionally, two new Xenoblade Chronicles 3D themes will also be available in the Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS at launch. Click here to view a trailer for the game. Note: game is not compatible with Nintendo 2DS and other Nintendo 3DS family systems.
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon – Far off in the mountains, the small village of Aslarga becomes a hub for adventurers looking for fame and fortune in the Mystery Dungeons. But dire challenges await even the most stalwart adventurers in Etrian Mystery Dungeon, a turn-based action RPG roguelike developed by ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft. Now you can expand on your Etrian Mystery Dungeon experiences in-game and out: get the special Nintendo 3DS HOME theme for only 99 cents, and download all five DLC packs for free until May 5! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Pokémon Rumble World – Pokémon Rumble World is an action-packed adventure that’s free to download! Battle and collect more than 700 Toy Pokémon, including some that Mega Evolve. Travel on a hot-air balloon and battle in 18 different areas with more than 80 stages. The more Toy Pokémon you collect, the more ways you have to defeat Toy Pokémon you’re facing. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Affordable Space Adventures – Affordable Space Adventures lets you enjoy all the thrills and excitement of space exploration on a budget. Thanks to Uexplore’s guaranteed promises of comfort, fun and safety, you and your friends will be able to fly the newest Small Craft line of affordable spaceships into the fabulous alien planet of Spectaculon. Affordable Space Adventures is available exclusively on Wii U. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- WarioWare: Touched! – In this Nintendo DS classic, Wario and his friends have prepared more than 180 microgames that will test your skills using the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen and built-in microphone. You can replay any microgame, top your best score or sort through souvenirs and characters in the Games area.
- Yoshi Touch & Go – Help Baby Mario and Yoshi get past airborne and grounded enemies as they attempt to reach the delivery stork. Set new records as you trek through Yoshi’s Island, and you may even encounter Baby Luigi and other Yoshis who need your help. Master your actions by using the touch screen on the GamePad!
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Super Spring Sale! Got some time this Spring Break? Check out these deals in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U starting April 9 at 9:00 a.m. PT until April 20 at 8:59 a.m. PT. Whether you’re planning a getaway or a “stay-cation,” pick up select great games for up to 30 percent off! Check outhttp://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- 3D MahJongg, Gardenscapes, Jewel Match 3 and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 23.
- WRC Official Game of the FIA World Rally Championshipis 42 percent off (reduced from $34.99 to $20) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 16.
- Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 16.
- Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D is 80 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 23.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Four Score” Tournament
- See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world. The new “Four Score” tournament runs through April 12. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications on future tournaments. Good luck, agents!
- New Pokémon Shuffle Opportunities
- Blastoise Competitive Stage – Do your best in a competitive stage featuring Mega Blastoise, available to play until 10 p.m. PT on April 12. Players will be ranked based on the score that they receive on this stage. All those who place in the top 20,000 will be awarded a Blastoisinite, the Mega Stone needed to Mega Evolve Blastoise. You can attempt the competitive stage as many times as you like each day. For more info, please visit http://www.pokemonshuffle.com/en-us/connectivity/#blastoise-launch.
- Rayquaza’s Special Stage – Rayquaza’s stage will be available to play until 11 p.m. PT on April 19. Rayquaza can only be caught through this special stage, so use this chance to catch it!
- Rayquaza’s Dragon Talon Skill – If you catch Rayquaza, you will be able to use it as one of your own Pokémon. Rayquaza’s skill is Dragon Talon, which will give your attack 1.5 times the regular damage when you clear Rayquaza from the puzzle area.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Mechonis
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Monado
- Watch_Dogs on Wii U has been reduced to $29.99 (from $59.99).
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham on Wii U has been reduced to $29.99 (from $39.99).
- LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids on Nintendo 3DS has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).
- Tri-Strip on Wii U is reduced to $1.49 (from $1.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on April 9.
Also new this week:
- Runny Egg (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visithttp://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.