PR: Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems (NA)
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- CHARIOT – Guide a chariot containing the King’s remains through underground caves using physics-based mechanics such as pushing, pulling, riding and swinging. Alone or with a friend, lead the brave Princess and her faithful Fiancé into the royal catacombs to find a resting place for the King. Clickhere to watch a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 2 – Lan and his NetNavi MegaMan.EXE return in this second chapter of the Battle Network universe. Purchase supplies and exchange information in local NetSquares, battle an assortment of enemy viruses in real time and collect Battle Chips as rewards to equip new abilities. Get ready for a new adventure in cyberspace as you stop this latest virus from spreading.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- Adventures of Lolo – After the love of his life is kidnapped by the devilish King Egger and taken to his haunted castle, our hero Lolo sets out to rescue her. Lolo can move blocks to trap enemies, clear a path or use as a shield. He can also activate the Magic Shot that will turn enemies into eggs. Combining clever environmental puzzles with tricky enemies and an engaging style, Adventures of Lolo is a true NES classic.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Wooden Sen’Sey, Puddle and more fun games from Neko Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 22.
- Cubemen 2 is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 22.
- Abyss, 99Moves and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 22.
- 4 Elements, Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst and more from Tulip Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- Van Helsing Sniper Zx100 is more than 80 percent off (reduced from $6.66 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.
Also new this week:
- Maze (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Wipeout 3 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Best of Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Painting Workshop (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.