REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Mario Party 10 – Crash the party as bad guy Bowser in Mario Party 10. Challenge and tease your friends in three great party games in one. Be the bad guy in the new Bowser Party mode to playfully antagonize your buddies. Play with at least one compatible amiibo to unlock the inventive amiibo Party mode. And have an all-around blast! Mario Party 10 will be available on March 20. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Elliot Quest – Elliot Quest from PlayEveryWare and Ansimuz Games is an 8-bit retro adventure/RPG that follows a hero on a quest to cure his curse of immortality. Explore Urele Island to uncover its secrets and discover powerful weapons as you search for an ancient demon. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Fossil Fighters: Frontier – Buckle up for a wild ride across a fully 3D world in your own custom vehicle. While exploring the unknown, you’ll discover fossils to dig up and bring to life as vivosaurs. You can then pit these prehistoric beasts against other vivosaurs in massive reptile rumbles. Deck out your ride with digging and battle tools, and then set out on an adventure of prehistoric proportions! Fossil Fighters: Frontier will be available on March 20. Click here to view an ad for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- KLONOA 2: Dream Champ Tournament – In this Game Boy Advance platformer, guide Klonoa through five worlds that make up the Dream Champ Tournament. Complete each world by eliminating fellow contestants and collecting magical items. Use the Wind Bullet to draw in enemies, using them either as a jumping boost or a projectile against other foes.
Events / Activities:
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. – Medal March Tournament – See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world! The Medal March Tournament will run through March 22. To keep updated on Nintendo’s Public Tournaments, opt in to notifications via the SpotPass feature in the game. Click here for more information. Good luck, agents!
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars – Create your own levels in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars game and challenge players all over the world to complete them. You can also give tips to other creators and spread the word about your favorite levels. Click here to learn more about building levels so you can start earning stars!
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – The results of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D drawing challenge in Miiverse have been revealed by Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda games. Aonuma also gave his comments on the recognized drawings. Click here to see the gallery!
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Moon Chronicles, Xeodrifter and other Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- Turtle Tale on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Paper Monsters Recut is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Glory of Generals, Quell Reflect and Swords & Soldiers 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 9.
- Spot the Differences!, Viking Invasion 2 – Tower Defense and other games from Bigben Interactive are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay and Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest from GameMill Entertainment are on sale from 9 a.m. PT on March 20 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 27.
- Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is 37 percent off (reduced from $8.00 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 18.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Lincoln vs. the Aliens
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
- Skylanders Trap Team Air Theme
- Skylanders Trap Team Life Theme
- Skylanders Trap Team Magic Theme
- Skylanders Trap Team Tech Theme
Permanent Price Reduction
- GetClose: A game for RIVALS is $2.99 (reduced from $4.99).
Also new this week:
- PENTAPUZZLE (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Super Destronaut (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Iron Combat: War in the Air (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Navy Commander (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.