During Nintendo’s E3 2019 Direct it was confirmed that Capcom would be bringing two more Resident Evil titles to the Nintendo Switch this fall, Resident Evil 5 & 6.
Here are the details for Resident Evil 5:
- Play Anywhere: Play Resident Evil 5 on the go using the Nintendo Switch system’s handheld or at home in tabletop mode.
- All Previously Released DLC: Includes costumes, game modes, figurines and bonus story scenarios “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape.”
- Two Playable Characters: Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil, partners with African BSAA agent Sheva Alomar to investigate the cause behind the bioterrorism epidemic.
- Two Player Local or Online Co-op: Cooperatively-focused gameplay that revolutionized the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive various challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies.
- Score High in Mercenaries: In “The Mercenaries United” mode, take on waves of iconic enemies and bosses in a limited time period to achieve a high score. This mode features 8 playable characters like Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine, each with different costumes and loadouts to choose from.
- Fear Light as Much as Shadow: Lighting effects provide an intense level of suspense as players attempt to survive in both harsh sunlight and extreme darkness.
Here are the details for Resident Evil 6:
- Play Anywhere: Play Resident Evil 6 on the go using the Nintendo Switch system’s handheld or at home in tabletop mode.
- Horror on a global scale: No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
- 8 Playable Characters, 4 Unique Campaigns: Play through 4 intertwined campaigns starring Chris Redfield, Leon S. Kennedy, Jake Muller, Ada Wong and their partners.
- 2 Player Local and Online Co-op: Experience the stories locally or online with a friend.
- Crossover Campaigns: At significant points when the narrative draws pairs of characters together, the new Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online.
- Agent Hunt Mode: In this new online mode for the Resident Evil series, experience the action from the other side as you take control of enemy forces.
- All Previously Released DLC: Includes all map packs, special costumes, plus the ‘Onslaught’, ‘Predator’ and ‘Survivors’ multiplayer game modes
Source: Capcom PR
Are you a fan of the Resident Evil franchise? How many Resident Evil titles do you own on Switch? Will you be picking up either Resident Evil 5 or 6? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below or on our various social media pages. Be sure to keep checking our news section as we keep you up to date with all things Nintendo at E3 2019.