Ode to retro platformers, Swords & Bones, is making its way to the Nintendo Switch. The new retro-inspired pixel platformer, released on Steam in 2021, comes from developer SEEP and will be published on the Switch by RedDeerGames.
Grab your sword and defend the Kingdom of Vestus in this action-adventure title. Sword & Bones promises a dark, Middle Age fantasy world filled with the undead. Enemies from skeletons to demons are waiting for you as you learn new skills and spells to vanquish them.
The press release highlights some of Swords & Bones’ key features:
- Over 50 levels, a huge number of enemies, and 6 bosses to defeat!
- Two different story endings!
- Improving the hero and acquiring new skills
- Pixel-art graphics in the 16-bit style which you love!
- Do you remember the golden age of chiptune music from the ’80s and ’90s? Enjoy such music as you adventure in the game.
Sound interesting? Check out the Swords & Bones trailer below to see the game in action.
The award-winning RedDeerGames focuses on developing and publishing unique indie titles, aiming to create accessible games, easily distinguishable by their original art style. Recent releases from the team include Cyber Protocol, Clumsy Rush, Art Sqool, Nirvana Pilot Yume, Little Mouse’s Encyclopedia, Circa Infinity, Detective Di, Trash Quest, and AAA Clock.
SEEP, the developer of Swords & Bones, consists of a duo of brothers with a great love for old video games. Apart from Swords & Bones, the team has also developed the 8-bit-inspired Roar of Revenge.