Scene It? Twilight Coming To Wii This Nov.
Fans of the Hugely Popular Summit Entertainment Film Can Now Quench Their Thirst for TWILIGHT Trivia Through a Variety of Game Experiences
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. and SEATTLE, Wash. – September 24, 2009 -Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. and Screenlife today announced the availability of the long-awaited Scene It?® Twilight™ game, the latest member of the Scene It?® family of entertainment trivia games. Scene It?® Twilight™ will be available in formats including the ever-popular Scene It?® DVD boardgame, on-shelves this October, as well as on Wii™ this Fall. The Scene It?® Twilight™ game will arrive just before the next installment in Summit Entertainment’s TWILIGHT film, THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, debuts in theaters on November 20, 2009.
“Scene It? Twilight is the game that fans of the TWILIGHT film have been asking for,” said Barry Watts, Chief Executive Officer at Screenlife. “The overwhelming popularity of all things TWILIGHT has created such a huge demand, that we’ve collaborated with Summit Entertainment and Konami to offer fans the opportunity to enjoy the TWILIGHT experience in a variety of formats; as single or multi players on a console or in an interactive setting as a party DVD boardgame.”
Up first for TWILIGHT fans is Scene It? Twilight Deluxe Edition, the immersive DVD trivia boardgame filled with exciting new features including:
• TWILIGHT content: On-screen puzzles, movie clips, sound bytes, music and trivia questions pulled directly from the very successful first TWILIGHT film.
• All-new puzzle types: Puzzles including “Alice’s Vision” and “Locker Picks,” sure to satisfy both Team Edward and Team Jacob fans around the world.
• Bonus features and activities: Bonus activities like “Which Cullen are You?”, and an exclusive downloadable bonus feature for hardcore fans, which provides all the planning elements for hosting the ideal TWILIGHT-themed party.
A few weeks later, for the first time on Wii, fans will put their knowledge to the test to determine who will be the ultimate TWILIGHT expert. Scene It? Twilight will challenge Wii players’ powers of observation, memory and puzzle solving, as it transports them to Forks, WA and creates an interactive multiplayer trivia experience brought together seamlessly on Wii. Fans can learn more about Bella Swan, TWILIGHT’s heroine or test their memories on Edward Cullen, the dark and unlikely love of Bella’s life.
Scene It? Twilight for Wii features will include:
• Rich-media trivia content: Over 500 multiple choice questions based on movie clips, music and audio from the TWILIGHT movie.
• New user interface: The new Scene It? Twilight Wii version presents a new look and feel, giving fans a great reason to play both the Wii and the DVD boardgame versions.
• Motion functionality: Use your Wii Remote to buzz in and beat your opponent!
• New gameplay modes: Single and multi-player modes and new scoring systems keep the game close, exciting and challenging enough to please all TWILIGHT fans.
“Konami is always looking to engage people in new means of interactive gaming experiences. The TWILIGHT film has an incredibly popular following who crave content and new media well after the movies are no longer in theaters,” said Kazumi Kitaue, Chairman and President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “With extensive content from the film, Scene It? Twilight will bring life to the excitement and energy surrounding the popular film in an all-new way.”
“Konami’s partnering with Summit and Screenlife creates a union of three great and dynamic brands,” added Careen Yapp, Vice President of Licensing and Business Development of Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. “Scene It? Twilight is the perfect expansion of the TWILIGHT film, as it will be the first time fans will be able to directly interact and challenge each other within the TWILIGHT universe on Wii.”
Scene It? Twilight players will be completely submerged into the TWILIGHT universe as they interact with some of the most iconic locations, characters and scenes from the first film. Fans will put their knowledge to the test to determine who the ultimate TWILIGHT expert is!
Scene It? Twilight Deluxe Edition DVD Boardgame Includes:
• Game DVD with Party Play Feature
• Flextime® Game Board
• 4 Collectible Metal Tokens
• 100 Trivia Cards
• 16 Fate Cards
• 1 Six-Sided Die
• 1 Eight-Sided Die
• Instruction Sheet
The Scene It? Twilight DVD Boardgame MSRP is $29.99, is for 2 or more players ages 14 and up, and will be available at major retailers nationwide.