Shin Megami Tensei IV released! Here’s what you need to know
With Shin Megami Tensei available for purchase or download today, here is a quickstart guide to what you need to know about SMT 4.
- The first printing of the game will include a limited edition box, Music CD and a book containing design art and some strategy guide elements. Consider it a jumpstart book for the game. http://atlus.com/smt4/purchase.html
- The deal to get $30 eShop credit if you register both Fire Emblem: Awakening and SMT4 to the same Club Nintendo account will run until August 31, so jump on that deal before it is too late. http://www.purenintendo.com/2013/07/09/buy-smt-4-and-fire-emblem-awakening-and-get-30-eshop-credit/
- Here is a link to the PureNintendo review of the game. http://www.purenintendo.com/2013/07/10/shin-megami-tensei-4-review/. It is definitely worth picking up for any RPG fan.
- There is day one Add-on content available to help players new to the series get an upper hand or just change the look of your character. Taken from an Atlus press release:
Finally, a variety of in-game items will be available as Add-On Content (AOC) at launch:
- Three custom looks will be available for the protagonist to alter his look by changing hairstyles. These AOC items will be permanently free for anyone to download.
- There will be a beneficial armor item free for the first month. The White Samurai Apparel offers a little bonus to stats in the early stages of the game, and will help players new to the franchise keep the upper hand. The armor will be available for free for the first month after launch. After the first month, the price of the armor set will revert to $0.99 permanently.
- There will also be a map pack available at launch to help players gain more experience. Suitable for the early stages of the game, the AOC will help players gain extra experience to boost their characters’ stats, as well as granting a collectible demon, exclusive to the AOC. The map pack will be $1.99 at launch.