SMASH YOUR WAY DOWN TO GAMESTATION FOR THE BIGGEST BRAWL OF THEM ALL! (UK)
Battle it out to prove you are the biggest and best brawler of them all at Gamestation Stores nationwide in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Showdown
Pick your favourite character, choose your controller and get ready to jump into Nintendo’s biggest and baddest brawl ever! On 28th June, selected Gamestation stores nationwide will host the ‘Super Smash Bros. Brawl Showdown’. Be one of 64 players in each of our 20 chosen stores to battle it out not only to prove you are the biggest and best brawler of them all and be crowned a Super Smash champion, but to compete for the ultimate prize – a Samsung Home Entertainment Centre.
In order to be eligible to brawl, you’ll need to register online before the 21st June at www.gamestation.co.uk/supersmashshowdown – you’ll then be contacted by someone at Nintendo to confirm your entry into the tournament.
The tournament itself will see two draws of 32 players at each store battle it out in Super Smash Bros Brawl’s ‘Tourney’ mode where you’ll punch, kick and brawl your way, knock out style, through each round. The winners of each draw will play in a two player final for the grand prize. The winner from each store will win a fantastic top of the range Samsung Home Entertainment Centres, consisting of Samsung 40” Full-HD LCD TV and a Samsung Home Theatre System, including a DivX-compatible DVD player, subwoofer and 5 Dolby Digital stereo speakers. Runners up in each store will receive an iPod Nano.
Remember – you need to be over 12 years of age and register at www.gamestation.co.uk/supersmashshowdown to take part.
A full list of participating stores can be found below… Good Luck!
Participating Gamestation stores in the UK:
LEWISHAM 212 Lewisham High Street, Lewisham
HULL 59-60 Propect Centre, Hull
EDINBURGH 134A Princess Street, Edinburgh
BIRMINGHAM 138 New Street, Birmingham
SHROPSHIRE 40 Southwater Way, Telford shopping centre, Telford, Shropshire
BRACKNELL 40 High Street, Bracknell
ERDINGTON 90-92 High Street, Erdington
LEEDS 58 Crossgates Shopping centre
CAMBRIDGE 11 Fitzroy Street, Cambridge
MIDDLESBROUGH 108 Lindthorpe road, Middlesbrough
GATESHEAD Unit 112 Lower Blue Hall, Metro Centre, Gateshead
SHEFFIELD 37/39 The Moor, Sheffield
GLOUCESTER Unit 8B Market Way, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Gloucester
BURTON ON TRENT 6-8 Dame Paulet Walk, Burton on Trent
LIVERPOOL 72 Lord Street, Liverpool
BRIERLEY HILL Merry Hill Centre, Brierley Hill
DUNDEE 40 Murraygate, Dundee
GLASGOW 83 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
CANTERBURY 33 St George Street, Canterbury
GWENT 46 Commercial Street, Newport, Gwent
Notes for Editors and Full Terms and Conditions:
Twenty (1 per store) top of the range Samsung Home Entertainment Centres, consisting of Samsung 40” Full-HD LCD TV and a Samsung Home Theatre System, including a DivX-compatible DVD player, subwoofer and 5 Dolby Digital stereo speakers. Runners up in each store will receive an ipod nano.
The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Showdown Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of Great Britain, aged 12 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the promoter, Gamestation employees, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Entrants under 16 years old require the permission of a parent or guardian to participate in the tournament .
3. The SHOWDOWN tournament runs in 20 Gamestation stores throughout Great Britain on 28th June 2008, during the hours of opening. For a full list of participating stores see www.gamestation.co.uk/supersmashshowdown
4. To take part in the tournament you must have completed the online pre-registration form at www.gamestation.co.uk/supersmashshowdown and received a confirmation email to successfully identify you as one to the tournament players.
5. Pre-registration period starts 17th June and closes on 21st June 2008.
6. There will be 64 players per store. All successful entrants will be contacted by telephone or email between 17th June – 27th June. There will be 16 reserve players per store who may be contacted to play if any spaces become available during this period.
7. All confirmed or reserve players will be placed into one of 2 draws per store. All draw 1 players will need to arrive in store and be registered by 11.30am on 28th June 2008. All draw 2 players will need to arrive in store and be registered by 1.30pm on 28th June 2008.
8. If players have not arrived before the specified times, SHOWDOWN staff will recruit players on the day (Draw 1 between 11.30 and 12.15; Draw 2 between 1.30 and 2.15pm) to ensure 64 players are present. By not arriving on time (as stated above), players will forfeit their place in the tournament.
9. In the event that the 64 players are still not registered and can not be replaced by players on the day, then they will forfeit their place in the tournament and will be ‘dropped out’ of the ‘Tourney’ set up. This will result in a match taking place with less than 4 players.
10. In the event that only 1 player is left in a match due to all other participants ‘dropping out’, then the player wins by default and goes through to the next round. In the circumstance whereby no clear winner is called, Nintendo reserves to right to revise the tournament set up on the day.
11. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for the impact on results if a match takes place with less than 4 participants, due to people dropping out.
12. Participants will be asked to choose a character to play as for the tournament. There are 21 characters to choose from: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus Aran, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Pit, Meta Knight, Pokémon Trainer, Ike, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Bowser, Wario, Olimar & Lucas. To keep registration times to a minimum, please pick your character before arriving on the day.
13. Players must bring the email confirmation and a form of identification with them on the day.
14. The tournament will run from 12.30 to 4.30pm. Draw 1 will commence at 12.30 and Draw 2 will commence at 2.30. The final will take place at 4.15, and the winner will be announced at 4.30pm at the discretion of the Promoter’s representatives. No additional entries into the tournament will be permitted after this time. The tournament end time may vary from location to location, and the Promoter reserves the right to alter the tournament times where applicable.
15. The tournament per store will consist of 2 draws. Each draw will have 3 rounds. Round 1 consists of 8 matches of 4 players per match. Winners of each match will be given a token to prove that they have won that round. Winners will go through to round 2, and will be asked to produce their token before playing their match. Round 2 consists of 4 matches of 2 players per match. Winners from round 2 will enter into Round 3, again by producing their token. Round 3 (semi final) consists of 2 matches of 4 players per match. The winners of the semi final will enter into the final. The final consists of 2 players. The final will determine the winner and runner up place per store.
16. All tournament matches will last for 4 minutes. When the time is up, a clear winner will be announced.
17. The winner per store will receive a home entertainment centre; Samsung 40” Full HD LCD TV and a Samsung Home Theatre – HT-X250R. The second place player will receive an ipod nano per store. The store winner will be identified as the winner of the final match of the SHOWDOWN.
18. Prizes will be supplied within 28 days of the tournament.
19. No cash or other prize alternative is available except in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
20. Entrants will have a choice of four control methods depending on who selects what first. The order of selection will be determined by the position in which the player has been entered into the tourney mode in the game. These positions will be randomly selected after pre registration is complete, before 28.06.08. These will be;
a. Wii Remote and Nunchuck
b. Classic controller
c. Gamecube Controller
d. Wii remote on its own
21. In each store there will be a selection of controllers available for the tournament. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for the impact on results if the preferred controller is not available for a participant to use.
22. To avoid disappointment players will be allowed to use their own controllers (see term 15 for authorised controllers) if they bring them on the tournament day.
23. Strictly no photography, filming or recording of any type permitted, except by those with the written authorisation of the Promoter. This includes the use of mobile phones.
24. Only 64 players per store.
25. Each Showdown participant will receive a certificate and free gift whilst stock lasts on the day.
26. In the case of a competitor invalidating their qualification, the promoter reserves the right to remove them from the competition. Invalidation includes the abuse of staff and or participating applicants; intoxication; and inappropriate attire such as nudity or violent messaging, not arriving on time for any of their consecutive matches.
27. If a participant successfully reaches the next round they will be required to stay in store for the tournament period. If the winner is not in store at the time of announcement, the prize will be forfeited to the second place participant in the final.
28. In the case of a tie in the Final, the participants will be asked to replay until a clear winner is determined.
29. Any participants aged 16 or under who qualify for the SHOWDOWN must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
30. By entering the tournament you agree to the use of photography and filming for broadcast television, media and publicity purposes.
31. The winner may be required to participate in related publicity. The Promoter’s decision will be final in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. For names and counties of the SHOWDOWN winners, please contact ‘Super Smash Bros. Brawl SHOWDOWN Winners’ after 30th June 2008 at:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Winners