Spring training set to begin with the release of R.B.I. Baseball 19
MLB Advance Media has announced that R.B.I. Baseball ’19 for Nintendo Switch will launch in the eShop on March 5th. Designed to provide “fast arcade baseball fun,” R.B.I. Baseball 19 provides quick pick-up-and-play so sports gamers at all levels can spend an afternoon at the ballpark.
R.B.I. Baseball 19 will allow Switch gamers to develop and manage an MLB squad across multiple seasons by adding players at the trade deadline, signing free agents, calling up prospects and even taking advantage of newly added two-way players. Updated player models, new animations, and more realistic movements and reactions for those players have been implemented to deliver a new level of authenticity.
Additional features include:
- Every official 2019 uniform for all 30 teams, and more gear and equipment options than ever before.
- Amplified lighting, textures, cinematic sequences and 3-D crowd system in all 30 ballparks.
- Reengineered ball physics to bring realism to every pitch, hit, and play.
- 165+ all-time great players are available for Legends Teams that can be played in Exhibition Mode and online matches.
- Ranked and friendly exhibition options for online multiplayer games.
- A bracket-style home run derby featuring any MLB player or MLB Legend (no word on whether Barry Bonds has been blackballed here, too).
- Weekly stats and roster updates to help your team stay up-to-date throughout the regular season.
- A new soundtrack with music from artists such as OneRepublic, CHVRCHES, and Greta Van Fleet.