Steel Diver: Sub Wars Version 4.0 Available Now
Nintendo has been steadily releasing updates for their submarine-based shooter, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, since it launched earlier this year, with Version 3.0 coming last August.
Now we’re hit with Version 4.0, announced via Miiverse today by the game’s director, Takaya Imamura:
In Version 4.0, we’ve added the option to remodel any given sub on the Submarine Selection screen. For £0.89 you can remodel a sub to expand its crew-carrying capacity. Before this update, the number of crew each sub could carry varied, but now you can remodel any sub to carry up to six crew members.
Imamura announced other tweaks for Version 4.0, including:
- Submarine diving and surfacing angles: The angle of a sub when it dives or surfaces will not be as steep, which makes it easier to evade frontal attacks.
- Durability balance: In order to improve game balance, we’ve adjusted the defensive strength of submarines with a durability stat of six or more.
- Crew appearance in single-player missions: In single-player missions, crew that you’ve already rescued will not appear, making it easier for you to recruit new crew members.
- Matched Skills Battles: Players between level 30 and level 49 can now match up in Matched Skills Battles.
- Starting positions in Internet Battle: The starting positions in Hot Springs were returned to the Version 1.0 settings.
- Play Coin requirement: We have removed the Play Coin requirement for Internet Battle in the Free Version.
- Bug fixes: We fixed a bug that inflicts damage on you when you sink an enemy.
Have you been playing Steel Diver: Sub Wars lately? Let us know if you’ve already downloaded the latest version, and whether you’re enjoying the latest tweaks.