Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS E3 Announcement Blow Out
It was just announced today at E3 that amiibo, Nintendo’s NFC toy line, will work with the upcoming Super Smash Bros. on Wii U. While this announcement was exciting, there were plenty of other things to get excited about as well! Super Smash Bros. fans will be able to play as their Mii characters for the first time ever. Fighter will be able to choose between three separate Mii Fighters, Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, or Mii Gunner. Each Mii Fighter will have a special set of skills and will each fight differently.
Palutena, from the Kid Icarus franchise of games, was also announced as a new fighter during today’s Digital Event at E3.
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will release on October 3, 2014 and for Wii U Holiday 2014 as announced during Nintendo’s Digital Event today.
A Smashing Good Time
• Compete with classic players from the Super Smash Bros. series,
along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac or newly
announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games.
For the first time, players can even compete as their own Mii
• Use a variety of control methods during the high-energy and
action-filled battles, including Nintendo GameCube controllers – the
longtime controller of choice for hard-core Super Smash Bros. players.
• Customize move sets when playing locally or online with friends.
• Connect with amiibo for added fun.
• Experience the beauty of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in stunning HD,
a first for the series.
• Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random
challengers from all over the world online in “For Fun” or
“For Glory” modes.