Tecmo Koei America Releases Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper on Wii U
BURLINGAME, Calif. – November 16, 2012 – The largest assembly of Warriors ever! Today TECMO KOEI America announced that the hotly anticipated action game WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper will be available at retailers nationwide this Sunday, November 18th for the launch of the Wii U™.WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper combines the much loved heroes of the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series in a story that also features characters from Ninja Gaiden, Warriors: Legends of Troy, Bladestorm, Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll and Dead or Alive, as well as brand new characters!
Years after the battle against Orochi, the Serpent King, the heroes of the Three Kingdoms and the Warring States struggle to seize control of the new universe they were thrown into when a new threat arises! A terrible and colossal monster, resembling a serpent with eight heads, casts its shadow across the land and defeats most of the brave warriors.
The ones that survived, assisted by the mysterious Kaguya, travel back through time to save fallen heroes and forge new alliances, collect powerful weapons and build an army so they can have a chance to defeat the terrible Hydra.
The features of WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper include:
- · Huge cast of playable characters: More than 130 playable characters from the worlds of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors.But that is not all that you’ll have at your disposal this time, as the vortex created by Orochi drags a few more allies to their universe. Dragon Ninja Ryu Hayabusa, Achilles, Jeanne d’Arc, Nemea, and Ayane are only a few of the new additions to the playable character roster! WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper also includes exclusive new characters Momiji and Rachel (from the Ninja Gaiden series), Seimei Abe and Shennong which are brand new additions to the Orochi roster.
- Unlock abilities and influence the storyline through the bond system: The bonds between characters can be increased by interaction in banquets, fighting together as allies, rescuing struggling allies, and accepting then clearing missions in battles. These bonds can influence the storyline, as well as unlock extra attacks and new stages.
- Customize scenarios and share them online for all to enjoy: Cleared stages from Story Mode or Free Mode can be edited to create unique battlefields, where players can change voice lines and characters, acquire Musou Battlefield Elements in Story Mode and use them to add even more interesting new aspects to their original battlefields. Then rate scenarios created by others and see how your scenarios stack up.
- New “Duel Mode”: An all new “Duel Mode” fuses elements of player versus player and card battles into intense combat for player vs. COM battles, or online battles against your friends.
- Wii U GamePad™ compatible: Choose from two ways to play local two player co-op. Play using the TV and the Wii U GamePad™ screen, or play using standard split screen on your TV.
“The release of WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper gives fans the biggest cast of characters to play on the new Wii U,” said Amos Ip, SVP and General Manager of TECMO KOEI America. “With a new versus ‘Duel Mode’, in-depth upgrade and bond systems, and customizable and shareable scenarios,WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper is packed with content for Tecmo Koei fans.”
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper is ESRB rated “T” (Teen) and is available for an MSRP of $59.99. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper was developed by KOEI and published by Tecmo Koei America.