Rain Games has announced that puzzle-platformer Teslagrad is coming to the Nintendo Switch next month.
The hand-drawn adventure is available on most other platforms already, including the Wii U, which is the most successful version of the game to date.
Teslagrad features over 100 environments and changing levels, with silent storytelling and challenging gameplay. You play the role of a young boy, suddenly embroiled in a conspiracy involving the king. Set in a steampunk-inspired version of old Europe, you’re armed with ancient Teslamancer technology, using magnetism and other electromagnetic powers to discover the secrets of the Tesla Tower and beyond.
Teslagrad’s features include:
- Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into – and beyond – Tesla Tower, picking up amazing new items as you go.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don’t see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bits and electrical stuff.
Teslagrad will hit the US and European eShop on 7 December, with a 16 November release for Japan.
Will you be adding Teslagrad to your collection next month? Let us know your thoughts below.