Tetris 99 is celebrating a milestone this week as it prepares to launch its 30th round of the MAXIMUS CUP. This special event comes with some extra surprises for fans and kicks off this Friday, 5 August.
Since launching in 2019, Tetris 99 has hosted dozens of MAXIMUS CUP events, with players playing to unlock themes from some of their favorite Nintendo franchises. This special 30th event has a few treats in store, including different requirements that make it even easier to enter.
The Tetris 99 30th MAXIMUS CUP lowers the entry from 100 to 10 event points per round. It also offers a sweet selection of themes from past events; so, if you didn’t get a chance to compete when one of your favorite themes was active, now’s your chance to snatch it up!
The following themes will become unlockable during the Tetris 99 30th MAXIMUS CUP: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Miitopia, Mario Golf: Super Rush, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, WarioWare: Get It Together! and Samus Edition.
The Tetris 99 30th MAXIMUS CUP event runs from 12 am PT on August 5 to 11:59 pm PT on August 10 with six back-to-back rounds:
- Round 1 features the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury theme as a reward and runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm PT on Aug. 5.
- Round 2 features the Miitopia theme as a reward and runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm PT on Aug. 6.
- Round 3 features the Mario Golf: Super Rush theme as a reward and runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm PT on Aug. 7.
- Round 4 features the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD theme as a reward and runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm PT on Aug. 8.
- Round 5 features the WarioWare: Get It Together! theme as a reward and runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm PT on Aug. 9.
- Round 6 features the Samus Edition theme as a reward and runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm PT on Aug. 10.
How can you participate? It’s actually easy; simply play the Tetris 99 online mode during the event period. You will need to be a Nintendo Switch Online member as well, of course.
During the event, players will earn points based on their placement in each match. Once you’ve secured a total of 10 event points, a featured theme will unlock, including art, music and Tetrimino designs inspired by that round’s featured game.
It sounds like an absolute blast, and if you’re yet to try Tetris 99, now could be the perfect time to give this fast and furious shape-dropping competition a go. There’s nothing quite like competing with 98 other playes while odd-shaped blocks try to block your path.
Will you be participating in the next MAXIMUS CUP? Let us know your favorite theme?