Trick or treat with Clea this Halloween
A bloodline filled with dark memories.
Halloween may be a bit of a wash this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still have some scary fun. And a good way to do that will be with the release of Clea, a skill-based survival horror game that arrives on Nintendo Switch October 30th.
It’s even going to feature costumes of characters from other titles published by Sekai Games. You’ll have to handle the decorations and candy yourself, however.
And just who is Clea? Well, it seems her parents have been experimenting on Chaos Servants, and Clea is now trapped with them inside the Whitlock Mansion. She and her little brother must solve puzzles and avoid the Chaos Servants in order to escape alive.
Players must stay alert, listening and wondering where these creatures could be. Solving puzzles, hiding, collecting and using objects to safely get through the sinister mansion and escape.
Outwit the Chaos Servants who are on the hunt. Listen for their footsteps, peek around doors, and stay far, far away from impending dangers. Hunt down key items and solve the puzzles designed to lock you from the outside world and unveil the family history, and possibly discover their bloodline is filled with dark memories. Obtain memory orbs and uncover your family secrets through bonus chapters.
- A jump-scare free horror experience, requiring you to be on your wits and listen to your surroundings.
- 2D gameplay with HD paper doll style graphics
- Fully voiced dialogue by Xanthe Huynh (Sword Art Online, K-On), Anairis Quinones (RWBY) among others.
- Local leaderboards to compete against your friends who can uncover the mystery fastest.
- A brand new title theme from video game music great Dale North.
- No pre-scripted scares (your skills and actions will determine Clea’s fate).
Pure Nintendo will have a review of Clea ready soon. But if you’re looking for a chilling way to spend Halloween night, be sure to check out the game when it releases tomorrow for $14.99. For more information, visit invertmouse.com/clea/.