Japanese developer Into Creates has announced two Gunvolt games for the Nintendo Switch.
The first title is Mighty Gunvolt Burst, a sequel to the 2014 2D action game, Mighty Gunvolt. The sequel brings with it many new additions, including a deep character customization system that lets you mold and shape your character into the ultimate hero. The retro graphics have also been completely redone to blur the line between classic 8-bit and 16-bit pixel styles.
With Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and Beck from Mighty No. 9 making a return as playable characters, you’ll be cast in a story intertwining their home worlds with the realm of virtual reality.
Mighty Gunvolt is coming to both Nintendo Switch and 3DS on June 15, 2017 for $9.99.
The second game announced is Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, which contains both Azure Striker Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2. These two games were originally released on the 3DS, and now boast a range of new features, improvements, and bonus content:
- Gameplay upgraded from 30 FPS to 60 FPS
- Entire DLC catalog from the 3DS version comes pre-loaded
- HD rumble support
- Screen layout has been completely redone
- Brand new theme song for the Nintendo Switch version by the virtual idol Lumen (VA: Megu Sakuragawa)
- High resolution event graphics and in-game text
- Adjustments to the game balance and general gameplay improvements
- Numerous language settings
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller compatibility
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack is coming to the Nintendo Switch on August 31, 2017 (price TBD).
Which game are you looking forward to most? Let us know your thoughts on these announcements in the comments section.
— Inti Creates (@IntiCreatesEN) May 20, 2017
Source: Inti Creates