RedDeer.games would like to invite you to the world of robots with Ultreia, which hit the Nintendo Switch eShop today.
Ultreia’s story follows the adventure of a little robot named Nymo. He’s fuelled by a great loss to become a pilgrim, deciding to cross a wild world to find the meaning of life and death. Along the way, he must also avenge his father’s death.
The game is described as being inspired by the sweet darkness of Grim Fandango and the ambiance of Machinarium. It’s a point-and-click adventure where journeying into the unknown will help you find out what’s important in life.
Ultreia takes you through the robot city of Mount St-Troy. Here you’ll meet different robots with varying personalities and even languages, making communication an important part of solving the puzzles. You’ll also traverse deep underground caves, where mystical monsters hide in the shadows. It sounds like a dangerous place to travel at night.
This point-and-click adventure looks interesting to say the least. You can check out the announcement trailer below to see the game in action.
Other key features as described by the press release from RedDeer.games include:
- Beautiful story about the meaning of life and death
- Puzzles and inventory to crafting
- Different ways of dialogue and unique language for different robots
- Unique art and sound design inspired by the sweet darkness of Grim Fandango and the ambiance of Machinarium
- About 4-5 hours to complete the game
- More than 50 locations to discover and explore with over 1000 lines of dialogue
- Original soundtrack by Yann Latour
Ultreia is available on the Nintendo Switch eShop right now. It’s also on sale, so check it out and let us know your thoughts on this robotic point-and-click world.