From MLP to Gal*Gun. From hockey fights to demon murders.
We honestly still don’t know what to call this column. But will we let our indecision and lack of creativity stop us from telling when the Bush Hockey League season opens? No! I mean, kind of, because we don’t have an exact date.
We do however, know exactly when Gal*Gun: Double Peace, Revita, TATIO MILESTONES and more will be released. There are also new physical edition releases heading our way, so be sure to follow the links below to get the details on what’s ahead.
- V7 Entertainment has announce that Bush Hockey League will be coming to Nintendo Switch later this Spring. Letting Switchplayers get a taste of old school arcade hockey action was always the intention for BHL, and this version has been uniquely customized to ensure it’ll run buttery-smooth and feel more responsive than ever. There’s even been updates and tweaks to the core gameplay, improving the player’s ability to deke, check, and slug it out on the ice.
- ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights, the dark fantasy metroidvania fairy tale from publisher Binary Haze Interactive, will make its physical debut on Nintendo Switch through a partnership with Limited Run Games. Pre-orders for both the Standard and Collector’s Editions launched on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, with an expected shipping window of May 2022.
- Gal*Gun: Double Peace will make its way to Nintendo Switch on March 17, 2022. Leading international publisher PQube invites you to slip into the role of Houdai, our protagonist, who’s suddenly thrust into a quest to find his true love! Caught between a kawaii cupid and a sultry succubus, the only thing that stands between our hero and hordes of thirsty fangirls is his Pheromone Shot. A fun mashup of a rail shooter and dating sim, take aim and send the lucky ladies straight to heaven, all while keeping an eye out for the one who makes your heart go doki doki <3
- Mini Motorways, the minimalist strategy traffic management sim from developer Dinosaur Polo Club, gears up to take the scenic route for its Nintendo Switch version with a trunk full of new features when it hits the road in Q2 2022. City planners on Nintendo Switch can soon build the roads of iconic cities around the world such as Tokyo, Dubai, Rio de Janeiro, and Los Angeles. Adapt construction strategies to ever-changing procedurally generated maps, and build a bustling metropolis.
- Outright Games, in partnership with Hasbro, has revealed that My Little Pony is heading to consoles and PC for the first time in over five years with My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure. Introducing a whole new generation to one of the world’s most enduring entertainment franchises, this all-new adventure will allow fans to play together in the magical world of Equestria, and will release 27th May on Nintendo Switch.
- Kaizen Game Works’ open world mystery adventure, Paradise Killer, is “one of the oddest games I’ve ever played,” and it’s now getting a Nintendo Switch Limited Edition exclusively via 1Print Games. Limited to 3,000 units worldwide, the Limited Edition is scheduled to launch on March 31, 2022 for $34.99. The Paradise Killer physical edition is complete-on-cart with the latest update featuring new music tracks, mysterious beings, and more. I once called this “one of the oddest games I’ve ever played.”
- Benjamin Kiefer (aka BenStar) and publisher Dear Villagers have announced that their twin-stick roguelite platformer, Revita, will launch on the Switch eShop April 21st. In Revita players must climb an ominous Clocktower through a series of procedurally-generated rooms and past challenging boss fights on their way to reclaiming their lost memory. Along the way players will be able to exchange health for randomised upgrades as the game dares them to live on a razor’s edge!
- Ratalaika Games, in collaboration with Finland developer Woblyware, has announced the digital release of Royal Frontier is set for March 18th, 2022. Billed as an epic, roguelite-styled, lighthearted, turned-based, strategic adventure, it encompasses many exciting experiences and challenges giving it a broader appeal than many other similar games of this genre.
- Garage 5 and its publisher, Gamedust, have announced they’re working together on a new arcade racing game for the Nintendo Switch. Sunrise GP will feature cartoonish fun with bright and pastel colors, mixing themes of racing and traveling in one entertaining package. The initial release date is planned for 2022.
- Strictly Limited Games, in partnership with Numskull Games and Undercoders, have announced the upcoming limited physical release of Super Epic: The Entertainment War. This Metroidvania action-adventure with gorgeous pixel art has you join a raccoon and a llama on a quest to save video games as we know and love them, with tons of 2D combo-based combat and lots of humor.
- The boxed edition of TAITO MILESTONES for Nintendo Switch is now also available for pre-order in North America! Digital and physical copies are both set for release on April 15th, 2022.