Vektor Wars to bring classic arcade action the Switch
Many of my favorite arcade games back in the day used vector graphics: Battlezone, Tail Gunner, Red Baron, etc. They were striking in their visual simplicity, but unless the games used acetate or were Star Wars, they were pretty much devoid of color.
That’s not the case with Vektor Wars, the first game being released in the Super Arcade series from Super Icon. Vektor Wars will provide Nintendo Switch gamers with vector graphics-inspired “first-person blasting” action ala Battlezone, but with a much more vivid color palette.
The year is 2024, and you are Commander James Moses, a Space Ranger. Your mission: destroy the robot death army, rescue the Robodudes and save the world!
Select your weapon and use your skills to face down a tidal wave of rogue robots in this retro homage to Arcade classics such as Battlezone, Berzerk and Robotron. Frantic gameplay, an array of loud and destructive weaponry – you must cheat death at every turn!
And you won’t have to spend another quarter every two minutes to do so.
Vektor Wars will feature:
- Arcade shooter gameplay, where the only things that matter are your skills and the high score.
- Fast-paced first-person combat in a neon-drenched vector world.
- An armoury of loud and heavy weapons.
- Nine World Zones to liberate, all with unique environments and enemies to annihilate.
- Leaderboard support and trophies.
- An original electronic soundtrack
Vektor Wars will be available for Nintendo Switch in Q3, 2019. Learn more about the game and Super Icon at www.vektorwars.com.