Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden coming to Nintendo Switch
With a NieR:Automata-themed bundle set
It was jut about three months ago that the card-based RPG Voice of cards: The Isle Dragon Roars for Nintendo Switch. If you haven’t already played it, you may want to hurry up; Square Enix has announced that the second game in the franchise—Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden—will be available in the eShop on February 17th, 2022.
I should clarify straight away that The Forsaken Maiden is not a sequel to The Isle Dragon Roars. This latest game is standalone experience that simply shares the same card-based gameplay and storytelling mechanics.
Players can escape to an illustrated world presented in the medium of cards with the Voice of Cards series’ second release, brought to life once again by the creative team behind the beloved NieR® and Drakengard® series, including Creative Director, YOKO TARO (Drakengard series, NieR series), Music Director, Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series) and Character Designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series). Set on a remote chain of islands that have been protected by the Maidens for generations, the turn-based adventure will have players follow the protagonist to save the people of the island as they face the threat of destruction. In this touching tale set in a world of melancholic beauty, players will set sail for the high seas, together with Laty, a girl who failed to become a maiden.
Speaking of NieR, a NieR:Automata-themed bundle set will be available for purchase for North America. The bundle will include the Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden game and several themed DLC items that unlock in-game content, including:
- Puppet’s Costume – An additional design for Barren, Laty and Lac’s outfits**
- YoRHa® Emblem – Replaces the design on the backs of the cards with the YoRHa emblem**
- 2B Avatar – A 2B-inspired design for the player avatar, which can be used on the world map
- The Copied City Board – A Copied City-themed battle board and gem box (does not include dice DLC)
- Machine Lifeform Table – A machine-lifeform-themed design for the game table**
- Resistance Jukebox – Allows you to change the BGM to music that evokes the memory of the androids who fought to the death for the sake of humanity**
- Pixel Art Set – Replace all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art**
- Automata Dice – A Pod-themed design for your dice (available in North America and Asia only) **
Square Enix would like to note that the DLC costume changes do not apply to all sections in the game, and that the items sold in this set will be available for individual purchase post-launch.
In addition to the items mentioned above, fans who pre-order Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden will receive the “Whale of Fortune Pattern” DLC (which unlocks a card design featuring a legendary whale said to bring good fortune) and the “Ocean Tile Table” DLC (which unlocks an ocean-themed design for the game table).
Pre-order is now available for $29.99 in the Nintendo eShop.
For more information, on Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden visit voiceofcards.square-enix-games.com.