Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and MTV Games Unveil Five New Tracks for LEGO Rock Band
24th July, London – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and MTV games today announced five new songs for the upcoming videogame release, LEGO Rock Band.
• “You Give Love a Bad Name” – Bon Jovi
• “In Too Deep” – Sum 41
• “Accidentally in Love” – The Counting Crows
• “Aliens Exist” – Blink 182
• “Tick Tick Boom!” – The Hives
LEGO Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band® with the fun, customisation and humour of the LEGO videogame franchise. Packed with brilliant chart-topping modern day songs and classic rock favourites suitable for younger audiences, previously announced tracks include:
• “Song 2” – Blur
• “Kung Fu Fighting” – Carl Douglas
• “The Final Countdown” – Europe
• “I Want You Back” – Jackson 5
• “Boys and Girls” – Good Charlotte
• “So What” – Pink
With LEGO-themed Rock Power Challenges that allow players to pull off amazing feats by performing killer riffs, and a Super Easy setting for up and coming rockers, LEGO Rock Band delivers music, humour and a whole lot of fun for the entire family.
RELEASE DATE: Winter 2009
PUBLISHER: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and MTV Games
DEVELOPER: Traveller’s Tales and Harmonix (Xbox 360, Wii and PS3)
Traveller’s Tales and Harmonix in partnership with Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio (DS)
GENRE: Rhythm Based Music Game
PLATFORMS: Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system
LEGO® Rock Band® merges two of the most popular videogame franchises to deliver a unique family-friendly music experience that will take ‘tweens, ‘teens, families and gamers of all ages on a wild journey to rock stardom in order to “Build a Band and Rock the Universe.” Combining the authentic multiplayer music experience of Rock Band® with the accessibility, customization and humour of LEGO® games, LEGO® Rock Band® allows players to create their own unique rock star style and customize their own avatars, band members, roadies, and managers. As players successfully complete songs and rock challenges, they can collect LEGO® studs, unlock additional content and collect amazing vehicles, which can take their band from local gigs at rock clubs to epic stadium shows and even fantasy settings on Earth and beyond.
• Rock along to current hits and classic favourites that the whole family will enjoy including Foo Fighters’ “Breakout”, Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back”, Vampire Weekend’s “A-Punk”, Blur’s “Song 2”, Carl Douglas’ “Kung Fu Fighting”, Europe’s “The Final Countdown”, Good Charlotte’s “Boys and Girls” and Pink’s “So What”, Bon Jovi’s “You Give Love A Bad Name,” Counting Crows’ “Accidentally in Love,” Sum 41’s “In Too Deep,” Blink 182’s “Aliens Exist,” and The Hives’ “Tick Tick Boom!” just to name a few!
• Use the LEGO® character customiser to create and personalize your band, instrument controllers and entourage.
• Pull off killer riffs in LEGO® themed Rock Power Challenges to perform amazing feats such as defeating a giant octopus, summoning a storm or demolishing a skyscraper.
• Build fame LEGO® style by completing songs to collect LEGO® studs – unlock cool vehicles, progress to new venues and unlock new characters and instruments.
• Express yourself with a personalized LEGO® Rock Den that can be accessorized and decorated to perfectly suit your rock style.
• All-access gaming! Start off on Easy, and work your way up to Expert or try out the newly introduced Super Easy setting created especially for budding rock stars!
• Rock out using Rock Band instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other AUTHORIZED third-party music video game peripherals and microphones.