Xenoblade Chronicles X has just received its first update in Japan.
The role-playing game, developed by Monolith Soft, was released in Japan in April 2015 as a Wii U exclusive. The first patch brings with it tweaks that we expect to be included in the Western version, due for release in December 2015.
According to online reports, the Xenoblade Chronicles X 1.01 patch includes:
- interface and gameplay tweaks to make the experience smoother
- an improved equipment menu, which shows all obtained weapons sorted by level requirement, even weapons that cannot be equipped by the character’s current class.
- several tweaks to the Union gameplay mechanics, such as the Uniongram which has been changed completely since Companion and Arms can be first following the patch.
- Union points gain has been tweaked, with a noticeable increase for several different actions.
- Union points are required to increase B.L.A.D.E. level, which allows players to upgrade one of three different Field Skills, the Mechanical, Biological and Search fields so the increased gain should help player improve these important skills more quickly than before.
Japanese gaming publication Famitsu recently revealed an average play time of 168 hours by participants in a poll, which is very high, even for a role playing game. Needless to say, we’re very excited about playing a localized version!
Xenoblade Chronicles X is now available for the Wii U in Japan and will be released on December 4th in the US and during the same month in Europe. Stay tuned for more details around the Western release and, in the meantime, let us know your thoughts on the game.
Source: Geek Snack