Amazon.com Wraps Up Its 13th Holiday With Best Season Ever
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Dec. 26, 2007–Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) today announced the 2007 holiday season finished as its best ever, with its busiest day being December 10. On that day, Amazon customers ordered more than 5.4 million items, which is 62.5 items per second. In addition, the company wrapped up its second year of Amazon Customers Vote, with more than 4.6 million votes cast during the promotion.“We are very grateful to our customers,” said Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com. “On behalf of Amazon.com employees around the globe, we wish everyone happy holidays and best wishes for 2008.”
Amazon Worldwide 2007 Holiday Facts (Includes www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.co.jp, and www.amazon.ca)
– Amazon shipped more than 99 percent of orders in time to meet holiday deadlines worldwide.
– On the peak day this season, Amazon’s worldwide fulfillment network shipped over 3.9 million units.
– Amazon shipped to over 200 countries.
– One of our most remote shipments was “Full Metal Panic Fumoffu – Full Metal Pandemonium” (Vol. 1) DVD and “Full Metal Panic Fumoffu – Full Metal Fracas” (Vol. 2) DVD delivered to Barrow, Alaska.
– Amazon shipped over 160,000 shipments to APO/FPO addresses.
Amazon.com 2007 Holiday Facts (www.amazon.com Only)
– Amazon.com sold Nintendo Wii systems at approximately 17 per second when they were in stock.
– Amazon.com sold enough high-def DVD players to cover seven football fields.
– If you lined up all of the GPS units Amazon.com sold this holiday, they would make a trail from New York to Philadelphia; however, a new trail wouldn’t be necessary with the use of a GPS.
– Amazon.com sold enough auto wrenches to stretch all the way around the Daytona 500 track.
– Amazon.com sold enough Hannah Montana wigs to outfit the entire audience at her December 20th show in Providence, RI.
– Amazon.com’s One-Day Shipping was extended an extra day through Sunday, December 23rd for Prime members this holiday season.
– The last Prime order placed on December 23 in time for Christmas delivery contained “Futurama, Vol. 1″ DVD, “Lost in Translation” DVD, “A Charlie Brown Christmas” CD, “The Fountainhead” by Ayn Rand paperback, “Bridge Over Troubled Water” CD, and “Pulp Fiction” (Two-Disc Collector’s Edition) DVD delivered to Herndon, VA on December 24th.
Amazon.com’s Hot Holiday Best Sellers (Nov. 15 through Dec. 19 Based on Units Ordered)
– In Toys, top sellers included Jakks EyeClops Bionic Eye, IlluStory Make Your Own Story Kit and Spinmaster Air Hogs Havoc Heli.
– Top sellers in video games and hardware included Nintendo Wii, “Super Mario Galaxy” and “Call of Duty 4.”
– In DVDs, top sellers included “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” “Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series” and “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.”
– Top sellers in books included “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert, “The Dangerous Book for Boys” by Conn Iggulden and Hal Iggulden and “I Am America (And So Can You)” by Stephen Colbert.
– In music, top sellers included “Noel” by Josh Groban, “Raising Sand” by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and “As I Am” by Alicia Keys.
– Top sellers in consumer electronics included the Garmin GPS, Canon PowerShot digital Elph cameras and Samsung LCD HDTVs.
– Top sellers in the Beauty Store included Burt’s Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit, Imju Fiberwig mascara and Bare Escentuals Get Started Kit.
– In PCs, the top sellers included Apple MacBook, Nokia Internet Tablet PC and HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC.
– Popular shoes and handbags at Amazon.com and Endless.com included the FEED bag, FRYE women’s Campus tall boot and FRYE women’s Adrienne Button tall boot.
– Top sellers in apparel and accessories included Kenneth Cole Reaction men’s Eden wool pea coat, Gruppo Italiano women’s cashmere-lined leather glove and Red Moon women’s long sleeve cashmere turtleneck.
– The top-selling products in Amazon’s Automotive Parts & Accessories Store included Black & Decker Simple Start battery booster, Actron diagnostic code scanner and Highland waterproof car top carrier.
– Top sellers in home improvement included Black & Decker auto wrench, Black & Decker Gecko grip level and Leatherman Micra multitool.
– The top-selling items in the Sports and Outdoors Store included the Ripstik caster board, Perfect Pushup and Bowflex Series 7 treadmill.
– Jewelry top sellers included sterling silver open double flower pendant, sterling silver Filigree circle pendant and 14k yellow gold four prong oval peridot stud earrings.
– Top-selling watches included the Timex heart rate monitor watch, LEGO Kids’ Star Wars Darth Vader watch and Skagen women’s Silver Dial mesh bracelet watch.
– The top-selling home and garden items included KitchenAid stand mixers (various colors), Pinzon Microtech throw (various colors) and Foreman removable-plate grills.
– Top-selling items in the Baby Store included Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube, Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym and Lamaze Musical Inchworm.
– Top-selling items in Amazon’s Grocery Store included Numi’s Bouquet bamboo gift set, Lavazza Crema e Aroma coffee beans and Senseo Douwe Egberts dark roast coffee pods.
– Top-selling items in Amazon’s Gourmet Food Store included Soup’s On gift basket by Wine Country Gift Baskets, Starbucks assortment gift basket by Wine Country Gift Baskets, and Fireworks popcorn and seasoning set.
– Top-sellers in health and personal care included the Braun Pulsonic system with LCD screen, Farouk CHI ceramic flat hairstyling iron and Homedics Therapist Select quad-roller massaging cushion with heat.