Format: Wii™Launch Date: Holiday 2008ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)Game Type: Community SimulationAccessories: WiiSpeak microphone (sold separately)Players: 1-4 alternating, 2-4 simultaneous via Nintendo® Wi-Fi ConnectionDeveloper: Nintendo
KEY INFORMATIONIf …
Launch Date: Aug. 25, 2008
ESRB: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Game Type: Sports
Developer: Namco Bandai
Let the Wii Remote™ controller be your bat as you join Mario™, Luigi™, Peach™ and the rest of the gang in a rocking, socking baseball extravaganza.
• Newcomers to gaming or sports titles will be up and running on Mario Super Sluggers in no time. Simply swing the Wii Remote to smack a home run, or use a pitching motion to toss the ball over the plate.
• Two, three or four players can pick up Wii Remote controllers and challenge one another to a full baseball game or compete in a host of baseball-themed mini-games. There’s even a home run hitting contest.
• Mario Super Sluggers boasts more than 40 playable characters, all Nintendo favorites. The single-player adventure mode allows the player to explore Baseball Kingdom, tackle dozens of fun baseball challenges and unlock new characters that can be used in any mode. You can also play with your Mii™ characters in Exhibition, Toy Field and Minigame modes.
Launch Date: Sept. 22, 2008
ESRB: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence
Game Type: Platformer
Developer: GOOD-FEEL, Ltd.
Wario™, Nintendo’s greedy, uncouth and rude anti-hero, returns to his roots. The Wario Land series is where Wario first appeared, and it’s back in all its side-scrolling, platform-jumping glory.
• With the Wii Remote™ controller turned sideways, veterans and newcomers alike can run, jump and smash their way through hectic side-scrolling stages. By shaking the Wii Remote, you can shake down your enemies, free coins from treasure bags and even cause earthquakes.
• Each stage is a masterfully crafted side-scrolling obstacle course of puzzles, enemies and assorted hazards. Every stage holds numerous secrets and treasures to discover (and steal). And each stage has multiple “missions” to keep you coming back again and again to unlock everything, collect more coins or just improve your best time.
• Wario returns to form, with all the jumping, power-dashing and butt-stomping we’ve come to expect. This is surly Wario at his finest.
* Call of Duty 5
* Guitar Hero World Tour
* Madagascar Escape 2 Africa
* Quantum of Solace: The Game
* Spider-Man®: Web of Shadows
* Touch Darts
American Game Factory
* Bratz Kidz™ – Slumber Party
* Bratz Ponyz™ 2
* Build-A-Bear Workshop� A Friend Fur All Seasons
* Rubik’s� World
* Zenses™ – Ocean Edition and Zenses™ – Rainforest Edition
LOS ANGELES, July 15, 2008 – At the E3 Media & Business Summit today, Nintendo unveiled an enhancement for its iconic Wii Remote™ controller and new games that promise to further enrich and engage players around the world. These offerings build on Nintendo’s ongoing efforts to remove the barriers between expert and novice video game players, an approach that has been instrumental in creating a paradigm shift for the industry since the advent of the Nintendo DS™ portable system and the Wii™ home console.