Endless Ocean fact sheet
Launch Date: 01/21/08
ESRB: E (Everyone)
Game Type: Simulation and Exploration
Explore a vast and fascinating undersea world in Endless Ocean. Players swim through coral reefs, explore ancient shipwrecks, meet local wildlife and search for sunken treasure on their own terms—with no time limits and no pressure.
* Players explore at their own pace as they dive in exotic locales and witness the majesty of the sea from the comfort of their own living rooms. From beautiful tide pools to the wrecks of World War II bombers, there’s always something new around the bend. And with no set time limits and no way to fail, players are free to explore however they see fit.
* Find, identify and catalogue hundreds of different types of marine life such as penguins, clownfish, dolphins, sharks and even the mighty blue whale. The more time divers spend with the animals, the more they discover about them.
* Go online with Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection and meet friends and family for an underwater sightseeing tour. Once players exchange Friend Codes, they can dive together on the same screen.
* Exploring the Endless Ocean couldn’t be easier. Players simply point the Wii Remote™ in the direction they want to go and hold the B button. To examine objects, they just point at them and press the A button.
Game storyline: Endless Ocean is unlike any other Wii game—in fact, it’s more of an experience than a game. Here are some of the things players can do during their time in the sea: Dive into a massive ocean and explore it however they wish. Find, catalogue and collect more than 50 unique ocean treasures, from sunken gold bullion to ancient stone artifacts. Interact with and learn about more than 230 different animal species then unlock that information in a marine biology encyclopedia. Take ocean aficionados and tourists on guided tours to teach them about the majesty of the ocean and earn new gear for successful trips.
How to progress through the game: Diving in Endless Ocean is a way to involve the entire family on an underwater excursion. To swim, simply point the Wii Remote in the direction the diver wants to go and hold the B button. To open the tool menu, just press left or right on the +Control Pad. To learn about an animal, point at it with the Wii Remote and press the A button to lock on. Divers can then touch it with the A button, or pet it by holding the A button and shaking the Wii Remote.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Dive. Discover. Dream. These are unusual concepts for a video game. Here is a brief look at the myriad of things to do in Endless Ocean:
* Take on simple tasks assigned by their financial backers, the Marianas Foundation.
* Befriend dolphins and train them to perform tricks.
* Meet with visitors from other countries and lead them on diving tours.
* Players help their friend and boat mate, Katherine, in her search for a mythical whale known as the Ancient Mother.
* Become a freelance photographer and take pictures for travel and science magazines.
* Search out and explore undersea wreckage, including pirate ships and crashed fighter planes.
* Salvage rare and valuable treasures from the ocean floor.
* Listen to diving music by international best-selling artist Hayley Westenra, or play audio files from an SD Card.