First, Second, and Third Wii Modchips!
the first ever wii modchip to be announced is the wiinja which can play wii and gc backups of the SAME region only.
the second and most promising is the cyclowiz which boasts:
– Quicksolder (no wires required)
– Plays Wii Backups
– Plays GC Backups
– Play GC Homebrew
– Play GC Imports (swap needed)
– Built-in Audiofix (GC games using streaming are working flawlessly, no patch needed)
– DVD-R / DVD+R support
– Optional chip disable wire
– Stealth even when chip is enabled
– Multi-purpose LED
the last but least promising and most likely a hoax would be the wiiomni. they state that their chip has these features:
– Wii and GC backups working
– Fully supports execution of unsigned code. (Wii homebrew and imports!!!)
– Upgradeable via dvd, and soon via memory card!
– Superb build quality
– Integration of own wii channel for kpurpose of homebrew etc.
– Running games from sd card slot.
– No negatives, this is the best chip on the market
although these chips do look promising, i do think that i will take a wait and see approach. i want easy accessibility, burning, hardrive support, blue light control, etc. etc. lets just hope that wii modchips do go far into development as is the case with xbox 360’s. it is said that these 3 modchips have a way of bipassing security so that the wii will not detect it, hence the one region play only.