Guilty Gear XX Wii Details, Coming this Fall
We reported a while back that Guilty Gear XX Accent Core was coming to the Wii and PS2, and now we have an official announcement including details about the game:
GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE FIGHTS ITS WAY TO THE PLAYSTATION®2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM AND Wii™ THIS FALL
Heaven or Hell! Let’s Rock!
Torrance, CA (June 22, 2007) – The newest incarnation of the popular fighting game franchise, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, comes to the PlayStation®2 and Wii, courtesy of Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products. Developed by Arc System Works, this latest iteration returns with its trademark high-resolution graphics along with an entirely retuned fighting system, new stages, new characters, graphics, voices and the ability to create matches between old and new characters in the Generations Mode.
“Accent Core is definitely a game for the elite fighting game connoisseur, with its wickedly fast, technique oriented gameplay,” said Michael Manzanares, Producer, Aksys Games. “Guilty Gear veterans will definitely enjoy finding out all the intricacies of their favorite characters and mastering all the new gameplay enhancements and systems.”
- Over 20 deadly combatants to choose from, including 2 new characters! All of your favorite characters have returned with new moves and an alternate EX version of each. Accent Core also introduces 2 reinvented fighters, A.B.A and Order-Sol that have never been seen outside of Japan.
- Refined fighting game system with 3 new gameplay systems! Accent Core’s Force Break, Throw Escape and Slash Back systems give all the fighters’ new defensive and offensive capabilities.
- New sights and sounds! New backgrounds, character voices and an introductory animation have been added for a fresh Guilty Gear experience.
- Multiple modes of mayhem! Hone your fighting skills in 5 different modes: Arcade, Medal of Millionaire, Versus, Survival and Training.
- Waggle controls exclusive to the Wii! Gamers can test their fighting game prowess by mastering the new Wii Remote™ controls that lets you pull off the fighters’ punches, kicks and special moves with simple gestures. For purists, GGXXAC will also support the Nintendo GameCube™ and Classic Controllers.