The social interactive service for smart devices, Miitomo, will end within the coming months, Nintendo has announced.
According to Nintendo, Miitomo service will end on May 9 at 12 a.m. PDT. The company has already ended the sale of Miitomo coins, and daily login bonuses are said to be active until the service ends this Summer.
At this time it is currently unknown as to why Nintendo has decided to end Miitomo service.
Nintendo has shared a list of things you can expect to see once service for Miitomo has ended, which you can review the list down below:
- If you launch the app after the end of service on 5/9, you’ll see a message informing you that service has ended. You will no longer be able to use any of the app’s features.
- You will no longer be able to see your answers or messages in the app.
- You will no longer be able to use items you’ve obtained in the app, such as clothing items, wallpapers, or posters.
- You can transfer your Mii™ character to your Nintendo Account by linking it to Miitomo. (Its personality and other information will not be carried over.)
- Sidekick Mii characters will be deleted. You can keep Sidekick Mii characters by saving them as a QR Code® before the end of service on 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT). They can then be transferred to Mii Maker on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems or the Wii U™ console.
- You will not be able to view Miifotos, including Miifotos you have shared to your social media channels. If you want to save any Miifotos, you must save them to your smart device before 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT).
- Miitomo- themed icons and clothing items used in your Nintendo Account or the Super Mario Run™ game will not display after the service has ended.