REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Flip Wars – This tense multiplayer action game will have you stomping to flip over panels—and unwitting opponents. To win, flip the most panels to your color in local battles*, online** or single-player. The more you flip, the faster you’ll move in a mad dash to nab power ups. Increase your flip range, turn invincible, and more across three modes and 12 arenas.
- Sonic Mania – 2D Sonic is back in a new adventure. In a celebration of past and future, play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as you race through new Zones and fully re-imagined classics, each filled with exciting surprises and powerful bosses. Go head-to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend. Welcome to the next level for the world’s fastest blue hedgehog. Sonic Mania will be available on Aug. 15.
- Severed – From the creators of the Guacamelee! game and inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, Severed puts players in the role of a one-armed warrior named Sasha who wields a living sword on her journey through a nightmarish world in search of her family.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES (Demo Version) – Venture into monster nests to collect eggs and hatch a wide array of species with uniquely powerful skills. Form teams, battle alongside them, crush opponents with combo attacks and ride into the sunset a champion. Need more muscle? Then mix and match genes to create monsters with more abilities.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals
- Fire Emblem Heroes – Fans of the mobile game will see a flurry of activity this week.
- Starter Support Events: Beginner and veteran Summoners alike will have a chance to strengthen their armies. During this event, they can summon five-star versions of four popular Heroes, and enjoy special log-in bonuses.
1. Hero Fest: 12 a.m. PT Aug. 10 to 11:59 p.m. PT Aug. 17 at: Here comes a Starter Support Hero Fest to help out new Summoners. It features some great Heroes at a boosted starting appearance rate of 5 percent.
2. Log-In Bonuses: Now through 11:59 p.m. PT Sept. 10: You can earn up to 60 Orbs! Here’s how:
- Starter Support Log-In Bonus: Receive 20 Orbs if you log-in between now and 11:59 p.m. Aug. 24.
- Six-Month Anniversary Celebration Log-In Bonus Part 1: Receive 20 Orbs if you log-in now through 11:59 p.m. PT Aug. 21.
- Six-Month Anniversary Celebration Log-In Bonus Part 2: Receive 20 Orbs if you log-in between 12 a.m. PT Aug. 22 and 11:59 p.m. PT Sept. 10.
- New features coming to version 1.6.0:
- New mode: Arena Assault: In this mode, you’ll need to use a different team of Heroes in each map for a real challenge.
- New feature: Catalog of Heroes: Check out all the Heroes you’ve met so far.
- Plus, the Max Hero Merit limit has been raised from 2,000 to 3,000+.
- New updates: Tempest Trials Get Powered Up: The event runs 12 a.m. PT Aug. 11 until 11:59 p.m. PT Aug. 24.
- Auto-Battle will automatically continue until you clear all maps or your team is defeated.
- Team Management for Multi-Map Battles: You’ll be able to create up to 10 reserve teams.
- New Stage with level 10 foes.
- Score Bonus: Each day, you’ll get triple the points the first two times you head into battle.
- Stat Boost for Bonus Allies: When you use Bonus Allies in Tempest Trials, they’ll get a 10-point boost to HP and a four-point boost to all of their other stats. They also will earn double experience and SP.
- Celebrate Kirby’s 25th Anniversary with activities throughout August – It’s been 25 years since Kirby debuted in the Kirby’s Dream Land game on the Game Boy system. That’s worth celebrating! You can redeem your points and get these celebratory Kirby 25th Anniversary items:
Also new this week:
- Phantom Trigger (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- IRONCAST (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Troll and I (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – available Aug. 15
- ACA NEOGEO THE King OF Fighters 2000 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Rocket Fist (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) –Demo Version – available Aug. 14
- Elminage Original (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SOLDIER BLADE (Virtual Console for Wii U)
- Final Soldier (Virtual Console for Wii U)
*Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
**Nintendo Account required. Online services and features, including online gameplay, are free until the paid Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in 2018.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.