The long-awaited Nintendo Switch system update 10.0.0 was just released and brought a couple of nifty features. Unfortunately, themes and folders aren’t the features I’m referring to. Despite bringing along a welcomed accessibility feature (button mapping), some people, like myself, wish this update included some of the more fun features (e.g. themes and folders) considering ten is such a huge milestone. But at least we can now change our profile avatar to Flick from Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
Here are the full patches notes for the Nintendo Switch system update 10.0.0:
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
What features do you want Nintendo to add to the Nintendo Switch operating system? Are you hopeful that themes and folders will eventually be in an update? We’d love to read your thoughts in the comment section below or on our various social media pages!
If you like our news and review coverage at Pure Nintendo, then you should consider subscribing to our magazine via Patreon. Pure Nintendo Magazine has exclusive coverage you will not find on the website, e.g. features, previews, interviews, and more!